Background layout

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Background layout

Postby IanL » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:13 am

I realise this may be a bit late in the V3 development timeframe! (I'm a fairly new user) Would it be possible to set the borders for the background photo so that it doesn't cover the whole slide area? (similar to the way the borders can be set for the text) In Powerpoint we have some Praise songs where there is a photo on one part of the slide but the text is on a plain background so it is easy to read. Also the option of assigning different photos to different verses of the same Praise song? (so the background can have a direct relevance to the verse)
Like I said probably a big ask late in the day!!!

Thanks for a fantastic product.
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Re: Background layout

Postby MaFt » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:54 am

IanL wrote:Also the option of assigning different photos to different verses of the same Praise song? (so the background can have a direct relevance to the verse)

to be honest i wouldn't recomend that. in my experiance it looks tacky. i think it's best to stick with the same background for the whole song.

personal preferences i know, but i just don't think it looks right when the background changes each time. i also think comic sans ms is an evil font that should be banished from every pc in the world.

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
MaFt
Junior

Postby IanL » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:02 am

MaFt - I understand what you're saying. Normally I go for simplicity every time - concentrate on the praise - not the pictures. But for our Childrens Addresses especially, we would sometimes use photos in Powerpoint which tie in the talk and their Praise. Where the background is relatively plain, and low contrast range, using the whole slide is fine. If it is a "fussy" or relatively detailed photo it can be hard reading the words - hence the request. Changing the background on different verses certainly would be a luxury!!! but again can have it's uses.

Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:44 pm

In the mean time, why don't you edit the pictures using some kind of photo editing software in order to put a blank section into the image file where you want the text to go. Then on ZW set the margins for this image so that the text only appears on the blank bit.

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby IanL » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:58 am

Chris - sorry for the delay replying - Thanks for the suggestion - that's what I have tried in the meantime and it works fine - just a little long-winded!!!
I guess now that I've found such a good piece of software I'm just looking for the icing on the cake - in the grand scheme of things I'll be more than happy with V3 from the suggestions I've seen on the forum - even if this isn't thought to be necessary!

Thanks again,
Ian
IanL
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx Wish List