Thumbnail Panel

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Thumbnail Panel

Postby Graham Castle » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:52 am

When linking with Power Point is there any way to see the next slide that is going to be shown. It half appears below the current slide but not enough to be useful as a prompt
Graham Castle
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:52 pm

Hi Graham,

There is a scroll bar to the right of the slide thumbnails list that you can use to move the list up and down - you can view the thumbnail of any slide without affecting what is displayed on screen. It is worth mentioning that you can also jump to any slide in the thumbnail list by double clicking on it while the powerpoint show is showing. Also if you select a thumbnail in the list before pressing play then the show will start from that slide.

We will be looking at showing a preview of the next slide in the next version of Zionworx. It does get a bit trickier with powerpoint as there can also be separate transitions on individual slides. The above suggestions should help you in the meantime.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Graham Castle » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:07 am

Hi!
Thanks for a quick response.

It is handy to know that I can start on any slide so easily.

The only way I have been able to see the next slide in PPT is to copy it onto the first slide and place it outside of the viewing area but that is cumbersome to prepare and makes the file rather big!

Thanks for your help and I look forward to using Zionworx

Graham
Graham Castle
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:40 pm

You can make the powerpoint thumbnails bigger by clicking the section divider between the left and middle parts of the screen and dragging it to make it bigger than it already is.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby paulstokes » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:50 pm

If you move the slider to the left (making the PPT preview smaller, then you'll actually be able to see the whole of the next slide). If you make the preview area bigger, you won't see as many slides in the available preview area.
paulstokes
Senior

Re: Thumbnail Panel

Postby brainier » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:28 pm

In the PowerPoint thumbnail view, I would like to request that once PowerPoint is running a slide show (controled via ZW), the next slide is shown rather than the current slide. I can see the contents of the current slide in the Preview window (and on the projector screen), but unless I shrink the Song/PowerPoint column in the management program to make small slides I only get the see half of the next slide. If I shrink the thumbnails to see "more" of them, the text becomes harder to read! So it sort of defeats the object.

If using Presenter View in PowerPoint you get the see the current slide and the next and previous regardless of screen real-estate. This allows one to change to the next slide without having first to scroll down the preview column to see the next slide. Therefore moving on in the slideshow can be solely a keyboard driven task. At our church the computer operator changes the slides for the preacher during the sermon by "guessing" when next to change, based on what has been said - so currently I always move onto the next slide and then scroll down the the slide that will be shown after that so that I can see what is coming next.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx Wish List