HymnQuest

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

HymnQuest

Postby ed » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:21 pm

To get all our words for our notice sheet (where songs which arent in mission praise are put) we use a program called HymnQuest. If you could add a feature or an add on to be able to import HymnQuest songs into Zionworx, that would be fabulous.

Bless you all
Ed
ed
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:51 am

Hi Ed,

Perhaps you could give a bit more information about this program and send an example song file so we can see whether this might be feasible?

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

HymnQuest

Postby ed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:34 pm

Hey,

HymnQuest is a program that has a list of Hymn books, and hymns in. The problem is, the hymns arent actually a seperate file. theyre built into the program, so it may not work.

I will get you the web address. and then you can research what u want. It is a paid program so not really sure what you'll b able to do. if you cant download it, i will set up a remote desktop connection, and you can view my computer screen and i can show you like that, that may be easier.

It may be that i can speak to HymnQuest and get them to include an export function so that a song could be exported into a *.txt file

Thanks
Ed
ed
Junior

HymnQuest web address

Postby ed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:36 pm

Heres the website for HymnQuest.

http://www.stainer.co.uk/hymnquest/
ed
Junior

Postby Don Phillips » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:01 am

Hi Ed, Christian and all,

I thought that you might like to know that if you have a CCLI licence you can connect to the CCL site online and download most songs that have a CCL Ident number. I think that they are downloaded as text files.

You might need to check which CCL licence you have first as not all levels of licencing allow this. Ours is the "Advance" one so we can download words, lead sheets and music samples.

This might be an alternative to HymnQuest as the text files can just be "Imported" into Zionworx using the "Import" button. Also with the CCLI Licence there is no need to purchase the Songbooks unless you want the actual musical score that some songbooks have.

Thanks all,

Don Phillips
Don Phillips
Junior

HymnQuest

Postby ed » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:24 pm

Thanks,

Do you have the web address??
ed
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List