Zionworx setup wish list

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Zionworx setup wish list

Postby squarepeg » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:16 pm

First off - thanks for Zionworx! Great App!!

After using Zionworx for a number of months the features I would like to see added are:

Once off registration for all users. We have a multimedia/tech ops team in our church. Our network is setup under W2K3 and XP Pro. I needed to register ZW2 under each login to keep it working.

MS Installer support for setup. This would enable installing the software to the appropriate PC's through group policy and take advantage of self-installing, self-healing, auto-updating installations of the Zionworx.

Installation/working directory options during setup. I would like to be able to choose a working directory under our group drive structure on our server as a once off during Zionworx installation/setup. Mainly this would be used for DB location and saved song services. As an alternative, the ability to set working directories in the program options in a similar way that MS Word does under Tools>Options>File Locations.

Save Powerpoint files in service file. Powerpoint files are not included when savng service files. I think it would be a great addition to see the Powerpoint files (or at least the path to them) saved as part of the service files. This would enable them to automatically opened with the service file.

Database modifications. I think the database would benefit from being able to classify songs by publisher/composer/style with a "View by" set of radio buttons. The DB window in Zionworx could still be a list format but include the ability to expand or collapse selections in a tree like structure (similar to Explorer).

Thanks for your great program. Hope this list makes its way into the new version.
squarepeg
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List