Previewing songs without displaying them

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Previewing songs without displaying them

Postby sirhcllenrad » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:06 am

Sometimes, in the lineup of an ongoing worship time, you need to add songs to the playlist on the fly. Easy with Zionworx. Horray!

However, sometimes the titles in the song list (especially with the fantastic Songs of Fellowship song listing) are not terribly clear. Would be wonderful if a function could be turned on to hover a small window with the song words when the mouse is hovered over the name of a song in both the song list or the cue list.

That way, I do not need to play songs to check that I have the right versions of the songs that I want.

Anyone else think this would be helpful?

(Feeling guilty for four posts in one day)
sirhcllenrad
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:04 am

Mmmm - do you mean like a 'hint style' box?

I can see how this would be useful to quickly clarify which song you are selecting - especially if songs have similar titles. I think it might get annoying if the feature was 'active' all the time though...

What about holding down a key e.g. Ctrl and then hovering over a song name to make the feature activate? I imagine that you wouldn't want more then the first 10 lines displayed - possibly less?

Anybody got any thoughts :?:
Christian
Site Admin

I think i know what he is asking

Postby zer0burn316 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:04 pm

:lol: :idea: in the software of EasyWorship you see the list on the left hand side ot he screen in a box, when you go live you see two songs at once in two columns. the one on the far right side is the working song out on the projectors, the middle ome displays all the song lyrics and the preview of what it would look like if on screen. then you just hit go live at the top and the middle song becomes the live show and the next song after that one appears in the next sone areal and so forth.

I may be wrong but i think i am on the same track, and would actually be a cool feature in the program in my opinion. one thing everyone may try doing is downloading free 30 day trials of these programs and see what freatures would benifit zionworx the best (just an idea) when i learned how to use songshow plus and mediashout and easyworship i started my downloading the trials and experimenting with them so when at hurch i knew what to do, but also benifits by seeing what would be cool for zionworx too. since i cannot afford them i chose zionworx and love it to death. i use it for all my personal and youth missions ministry i even reccommended it to some college buddies who are now on the mission feild and seend you all greetings.
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby sirhcllenrad » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:14 pm

I like Christian's suggestion here because it doesn't eat up on valuable screen space, but also won't be too annoying. Control and hover wouold be a fantastic function. It needn't display all the song, but the first five lines would tell you which song entitled "Holy" you want.

(In that regard I have started saving any new songs that I enter using the authors name in brackets after the title, just so I can identify them)

Chris
sirhcllenrad
Junior

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby zer0burn316 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:20 pm

:shock: that be cool i just think if you saw what i was taling about in the Easyworship program you may see what i am talking about. or maybe i misunderstood your original question but all good in the Lord and blessings
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List