I dont know if im too late in asking this

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

I dont know if im too late in asking this

Postby mikeyp » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:43 pm

I dont know if im too late in asking this, but in zionworx 2 unlike powerpoint when i click for the next slide it takes a small while to come on the screen.

Is it possible to include some sort of precache function for the next slide so there isn't a delay between pressing the button and the words coming up on screen?

Its just irritating because the church depends on me and at the moment if im not ahead of the the game the whole church goes momentarily silent.

mikeyp
Intermediate

Postby Christian » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:52 pm

Mmmmm...

Has anybody else noticed a delay such as The Tax Collector is describing?

Out of interest, how large is the presentation you normally load?

And is there any particular reason why you are using PowerPoint presentations for songs, rather than putting songs into the ZionWorx database and displaying them like that?
Christian
Site Admin

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:02 pm

I have noticed a similar delay, even on small powerpoint presentations. This is especially apparent on the first slide of a presentation, when there is a delay of several seconds, which is particularly embarrasing if you are the one doing the system when the leader of the service says can we have **whatever* up on the screen now, and nothing appears for a little bit. It makes you look a bit silly, and then it will suddeny appear!
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Williamting » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:59 am

Yes, I have the same problem described by Chris. I have accepted this "problem" and began to live with it . I noticed that the problem worsen if I use graphic and if there are many slides. Of course it also depends on the amount of memory and the cpu speed.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby mikeyp » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:04 pm

sorry, we used to use powerpoint, and are in the process of moving to zionworx, The delay im getting is typically about half a second to a second, and makes it awkward for getting the timing right to change it when the church are ready.

Power point doesn't give problems like this, but the presentations are typically between 7 and 10 songs in zionworkx, and the sermon presentation in powerpoint.

Im running on a 1000MHz Laptop with dual screen ATI graphics, Windows XP Home SP2
mikeyp
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx Wish List