Small Aesthetic Adjustment

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Small Aesthetic Adjustment

Postby optm » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:39 pm

I seem to find that, when using the F3 and F4 keys to cycle through songs played back-to-back during a service, it sometimes would be nice to just fade between the two songs, to show some sort of divide between the two, but keep the songs "flowing".

I also think that sometimes the fade is easier on the eye than the almost *flashing* of a verse change, but maybe, if added, should be kept only for song changes, so not to slow down changes between verses.

The only problem that I could think of, is that maybe not every church would feel that they would benefit from this feature, so maybe to have the ability to turn on and off in the program's option menu might be desired with this feature.

This is just something that I would find useful, and this post MAY not make any sense at all from someone else's point of view, but if you do seem to see what I'm saying, would anyone else think they would benefit from this feature?
optm
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:48 pm

I see what your trying to say with this post and think that it may be quite a useful feature. Although with a little bit of effort this can be achieved manually.

If you set the songs that come one after another with the same backgrounds and at the end of the first song hit the F11 key, the words will fade out. Then press F4 and then F12 to bring the words of the next song up over the same background. Looks good and is simple to do.

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby graeme » Mon May 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Hi, just wanted to say I also think that fading (quickly) between verses is much easier on the eye. I'm new to Zionworks (a friend referred me to this site today), so I still don't know much about how it works and is funded, but is it likely this feature can be added?

We currently use Powerpoint but I would be very keen to move over to Zionworx. But just being able to have a half second fade as the display moves from one verse to the next would make a huge difference.

Cheers
Graeme
Bunbury, Western Australia
graeme
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:01 pm

Oh right, I didn't understand the bit about fading between verses last time!!! I don't think that my church would find that useful, although the fade between songs may be more useful for us. It would definitely be best implemented as an optional feature from my perspective.

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx Wish List