Verse Selection

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Verse Selection

Postby Andrew » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:20 am

It would be good to see an option for verse selection in the Service List.
i.e. Have your full song with all verses in the database (as usual) but when you add it to the Service list you have an option (maybe tick boxes) to say 'in this service I only wish to display verse 1 and verse 3'. Maybe a 'repeat verse' option would be nice also for the service list i.e. you know you want to repeat the last verse twice (or the 1st verse or whatever) in this service but you don't always. Just my 2 cents worth on what I think would be handy options :-)

P.S. Something else I would like to see added to Zionworx is an option to go to the next song/service item in the service list automatically instead of looping back to the beginning of the current song.
Andrew
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:51 am

I think that if the song automatically changed when you reach the end then it would get quite annoying because we quite often repeat the chorus of songsat the end. Therefore if it went straight onto the next song then it would become harder to repeat the chorus. Hope this makes sense :oops:

Perhaps it could be an option in the preference tab :?:
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby staffj01 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:09 am

I think if you read Andrew's post it was clear that such a thing would be an option, not something that everyone had to use...

I think it would be a good option to have as well... Perhaps even storing the songs in the database under 'Verse 1, 2, Chorus' ... etc.. Then when you load a song from the database you have the option of selecting which components of the song you want to use that day. For example, you could decide to only sing verses 1 and 3, skipping verse 2, and perhaps repeat the chorus twice at the end... I think such an option would make the software more customisable to various people's needs.....Then you could even have the option of saving a particular playback order of a song as a default, or even have multiple 'configurations' you could save...

Anyway, some thoughts to think about...

Oh, anothing thing that may be handy ... having an OPTION to fade to black in between songs (without having to manually fade out/in), and then continuing on to the next song in the list...

Another comment ... could it be handy to include an option to configure key bindings, so that you can alter them to suit your preferences.... i.e. be able to change which key you press to change slides / songs etc... For example you could configure it to use the arrow keys to change the slides, and use the page up / page down to change songs....
staffj01
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List