Foreign Language Support

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Foreign Language Support

Postby trevorh » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:12 pm

Not all churches are in the UK of course! It would be a great blessing to all our brothers and sisters around the world if the guts of the software and the presentation of the software on the computer were kept separate.

What I mean is that it is good, standard practice to keep all the text used for buttons, labels, tabs, menu items, messages etc in a resource file or better still an external text file, so it can be easily translated. Then the software can appear in another language easily. It may well need a font code page setting to be changed (or even the font) so as to support foreign characters. (eg I need Polish!). My operaters do not understand English.

In all the software I have ever written I provide the ability to modify any object property from an external file. (easy in Delphi). If I can get access to the source I can do it for you. Otherwise, if you provide the functionality, I will offer a polish translation of everything.
trevorh
Junior

Postby Christian » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am

Hi Trevor - great to have you onboard!

We completely agree that foreign language support is important, and we will fully support Unicode text in the next release. Currently 12% of registered users are from countries where English is not the official language, so we recognise there is a (growing) need.

To this end, the beta demos we've released so far for testing are both Unicode-enabled, and the v3.0 database will support this too.

If you have any spare time and would be willing to help with development in this area then please drop me an email and we can talk about it more! :wink:

Thanks!

P.S. If anybody else can offer 'translation services' then please reply with whatever language you can translate into! :)
Christian
Site Admin

Polish Support

Postby trevorh » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:18 pm

I can organise some translators here in Poland to translate things to Polish. To be clear, of course, I am talking about the interface, and as much as possible being in polish.
1 Peter 3:15
trevorh
Junior

Postby wnp » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:50 pm

I would be more than happy to assist with German translation and v3 Beta Testing.
wnp
Junior

Return to Zionworx Wish List