video backgrounds

Post your wish lists for new versions of the software.

We cannot do everything but if we know what people want it make life easier.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

video backgrounds

Postby andy2002 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:53 am

motion backgrounds, say animated gif or mpeg stuff
andy2002
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:34 am

Hi Andy,

I'm working on this at the moment for v3.0, typically MPEG/AVI backgrounds. Initial tests are very promising, e.g. full screen video + sound at 1024x768 resolution with transparent outline text on top.

How do you imagine you would typically use such a feature, and what are the essential features would you need to control it?

Does anybody else do this at the moment using other software? If so, what sort of pitfalls or difficulties have you experienced?

Comments please! :wink:
Christian
Site Admin

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:57 pm

Christian wrote:Hi Andy,

I'm working on this at the moment for v3.0, typically MPEG/AVI backgrounds. Initial tests are very promising, e.g. full screen video + sound at 1024x768 resolution with transparent outline text on top.

How do you imagine you would typically use such a feature, and what are the essential features would you need to control it?

Does anybody else do this at the moment using other software? If so, what sort of pitfalls or difficulties have you experienced?

Comments please!

Have used powerpoint with video and animation capabilities. They are great especially for youth meetings when you can have the songs lyrics or bible study scripture to fly in. The biggest drawback is to not over use them especially in worship services because they can distract from what I think is the most important aspect of projectors and that is to get the words on the board so that it frees people up to worship. I have found that using different backgrounds on seperate verses is probably more effective if you use backgrounds that reflect the message of that verse. A cross for instance in a verse where you are singing about the cross. One other thing you must remember about animations is that they do not always run at the same speed every time even on the same computer. I am looking forward to the upgrade but I am truly happy with what you have already accomplished for God with this program

Jmaes Horsley
Birmingham, Alabama USA[/b]
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Video Backgrounds

Postby andy2002 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:21 pm

Hi Christian, how you doin'
Excellent stuff you do, thankyou and from the church also.
Jame is right fussy presentation etc can get on your nerves.

But in reply first to James, not all churches have powerpoint, or wish to have it, it's clunky, limited and far too dear, and I am sure video running directly under Christian's front end would be superb.

I would like to see video run from within Zionworx for example:

1. motion logo, welcome information, slide shows, video and animations looping
2. during a wedding service, video of the bride and groom as kids or hen party, stag night stuff; youth events; conferences where the guest speaks on video, followed seamlessly by the service.
3. Overlay messages eg as is news programmes
4. Teaching (a video brought say by a missionary) followed by worship

I realise that this can be done through other means, but it's nice to have everything under one roof, plus ease of learning for production team. It would reinforce the lessons and music. It would draw younger, more media-savvy families to the congregation.
andy2002
Junior

video backgrounds

Postby andy2002 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:35 pm

Hi again christian

Forgot to answer you question

features and controls:

1. full screen video
2. stop (fade out), start, time set or loop (video buttons)
3. sound volume control
4. Real-time keyer to display titles, overlay messages, either scroll text at bottom or positionable on screen

Thanks for you brilliant work and feedback in Jesus Name
andy2002
Junior

Postby CardassianScot » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:15 pm

I have used this feature from Zionworx by using two video projectors pointed at the same screen and then using Zionworx with a black background. However, this is only on a youth holiday where I was able to borrow two different video projectors, one from my Bible College and another from a Church where the pastor was a seminar speaker.

What did we use it for? Two things, one to show the crucifixion scene from Jesus of Nazareth (on DVD) behind the words to When I survey the Wondrous Cross. This is potentially very powerful. I also create some of my own mpeg2 video files from still pictures because the effects I can get are better than the ones available in powerpoint and I can play them back through my DVD playback card. This would of course add a new feature of DVD, is this possible by using an existing codec to play DVD's if one is installed, like windows media player? Although this could be tricky (when using software playback) as the video needs to play on the second screen not the primary.

The other thing we used it for was to display the speaker in close up and some text across of the bottom of the screen. Although this took a live feed from a video camera. I have a TV capture card, so if the feature was there I would like to be able to take this feed and put it in the background. This feature could also be used for connecting to a DVD player or video recorder and could potentially be very useful for people who have TV cards like me.

The kind of features I would like would be a stop/start, fade in/out and some system to only show a bit of video clip by specifying the start and stop times with the option to loop the segment or clip.
CardassianScot
Junior

Postby mango » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:31 am

Could someone please enlighten me as to how video background could be beneficial for Sunday services? I personally find that it distracts focus from the words, rather than enhancing it. I'm not against such usage, it's just that I haven't figure out good enough reasons yet, would be interesting to find out how others are using it.
mango
Intermediate

Video backgrounds

Postby webmaster » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:03 am

We use Video alot with music played as well.

Not for sing so sometime no words are shown....but it is used in reflection in prayer times.

At the moment I have to switch from projector mode to video mode and then usually start a CD with some music relevant to the service.

This works very well makes the atmosphere very nice for the prayer time.

Also say if in big church (sometimes do big events) I want a video camera attached to PC then I can display on projector screen the preacher in Large and if I want place words over top.

May be not all of these feature Christian will manage but I am sure if people want them and he is able and has time to put into the software I am sure he will.

Regards
Webmaster :D
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby sirhcllenrad » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:59 am

Yeah, my vote to being able to play fullscreen video files from within Zionworx (Video files are increasingly being used more often in church settings). I would also love to be able to play and control dvd. Am I dreaming? Probably.

Not sure my laptop would cope with moving video behind text on a secondary monitor, but sounds nice.

We should be paying hundreds for software this good!
sirhcllenrad
Junior

Postby Christian » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:12 am

sirhcllenrad wrote:I would also love to be able to play and control dvd. Am I dreaming?

No you're not! I'm planning to experiment with DVD playback just as soon as I get a DVD drive for my PC :!:

Hopefully this facility will be in v3.0 alongside video playback.

What are the main DVD control features you would need?
Christian
Site Admin

Postby sirhcllenrad » Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:28 am

Brilliant. Features pretty simple, but ability to enter the timecode for the clip you want to use would be useful. That and a play button would have me happy.
sirhcllenrad
Junior

My Experiences with Other Software using Motion and video

Postby zer0burn316 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:45 pm

:shock: hey all i am a new user to zionworx, and have to say i am very pleased with the software and love using it in youth missions.i have used other software suck as mediashout, songshowplus, and even Easy Worship. although i do not have the funds i chose zionworx and am pleased. motion backgrounds and video backgrounds i have found very tricky with the other softwares. MediaShout i have to admit are the best for using motion and video background. only pitfalls i saw were the constant needing of updates and codec downloads for new video codecs out. if you got the codecs you are fine but any saved work that goes to a new machine you tend to loose the impact. easy worship is alright but has a feature i think zionworx can really use. that is the ability to just click on a set of words and they go to screen, instead of prompting or using and arrow to go out. that maybe something to consider. the other thing i noticed about the moving and video backgrounds is it sometimes jerks and freezes when too big. normally media shout does good but beyond 3-5 minute vidoe clips it messes up. any ways peace out and keep praising the Lord :P

:lol: P.S. I found if you use Powerpoint in zionworx you can insert a movie clip (supported in Powerpoint) in one slide and use zionworx to view it out to your monitors or projectors (Just a tip for those who never tried it) it works good with the see you at the pole loops and the speed the light commercials i used and gives almost a Mediashout look to the output.
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Postby JenEric » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:13 am

I heard it is a cool effect to pan through the congregation as they are singing and have that as the background video.
JenEric
Junior

yeah

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:35 am

:shock: that maybe cool but not seeing it first hand and only in my head i think it maybe a bit distracting, I have always found any movements like animated Gifs or videos over the song words tend to distrack, but it is a great feature to use when you have video Avi's and Mpegs as Illistrations and point makers in sermons, like i use alot if Speed The Light Commercials in me Missions Projects. but like i said i have not seen it forst hand just in my head. it may be cool i will have to see it once to make a sound judgment on tat one but worth checking out :wink:
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

don't forget

Postby zer0burn316 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:39 am

:shock: when you look into using video backgrounds don't forget a .mov insert as well considering alot of mac users use .mov's alot and there are alot of good one's out there if not maybe have a .mov to Avi conversion deal that converts it to be used in zionworx, Just a thought. :lol:
NONAME
zer0burn316
Most Senior

Next

Return to Zionworx Wish List