Re: When will v3 be available?

If you are using Zionworx and would like to comment feel free to post your comments here.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Re: When will v3 be available?

Postby chris_h62 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:22 pm

Christian,

I have to say I agree with your comments and think that it's great what God is doing through zionworx.

As far as I see it - i am excited by the prospect of v3 cos I know that it will have so many superb features - but also know that v2 is a solid base to be getting on with until you all have time to do make it happen.

Thanks so much for all the work you have done thus far and may God push this project on to bigger and better things. I'm sure that God will provide the people and resources required if that is his will.

Once again, thanks for a SUPERB program and thanks for the PRICE!
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:19 am

Thanks Chris, and Amen!

[Original post is in FAQ section]
Christian
Site Admin

V3 suggestion

Postby kck » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:01 pm

Christian,

I'm another one who really appreciates the program and the price as well as the support given via this forum.
Even if V3 never appeared, V2 would still achieve most of what I need to do at the moment. The trouble is, you've tantalised us with all sorts of attractive possibilities.

I can understand your problem. I have exactly the same problem at work. I'm paid for that but it still seems overwhelming. If I wasn't being paid, I think I'd give up.

So here's a suggestion:

How about listing all the requests that you are considering, perhaps with some idea of how much work you think they each involve and letting us vote for the ones we would each like to see. Perhaps each person could be limited to a certain number of votes or a certain amount of work. (Not sure how to do that. Any suggestions Edd?)
Then maybe V3 could aim to include the most popular ones (all other factors being taken into consideration) and the rest could be earmarked for future versions, if at all.

I know you could get an idea of which ones are most popular from the postings in the forum but this should be easier to collate and give more concrete results.

Is that reasonable?

Steve
kck
Senior

Postby webmaster » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:15 pm

You can do this king of thing on the forum.

I feel maybe a version 2.5 would help.

Not all the features requested but just to allow what is already working in beta.

Video and DVD seem to work with overlayed text this just really leaves adding bible and Song data...

Maybe this is the stubbleing point with the database integration as I know what that is like.

A feature set for example I would use...and I do a lot of events in a year.

Video with text overlay
Images with text overlay
Songs data
Bible data

and ppt (same controls as before are fine).

In the end I feel Zionworx has done so well is due to the fact it was kept very simple and this has made it so easy for users to pick up within a few minutes.

I showed a visiting preacher and she could use it within 5 minutes .

V3 needs to have new features but maybe not the bells and whistles.

So maybe a v2.5 old features with the added video and bible parts. oh and unicode text.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby Williamting » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:35 pm

Steve,
I agree with you! To me, the most important single item is perhaps the support of international languages. Even if everything else remain the same is ok with me. I hope others don't find me selfish in saying this but with unicode support, ZionWorx opens up a whole lot of new users, perhaps hundreds or even thousands of new users.

For all who are working on V3, may the Lord bless you.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby MaFt » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:36 pm

webmaster wrote:DVD's seem to work with overlayed text this just really leaves adding bible and Song data...

topic for next elders meeting: "Star Wars Worship night" :D

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
MaFt
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:01 pm

:lol:
Christian
Site Admin

beta V2.5

Postby geek_181 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:10 am

what do i use for the password and usermane on beta?
geek_181
Junior

Postby webmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:25 am

The beta area is only for bea testers.

Regards
Edd
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx Feedback V2.0