Transfers from desk top to lap top

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Transfers from desk top to lap top

Postby Bernard Kerr » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm

I have recently started to prepare service lists on my desk top and then transfer them to the church laptop via a memory stick. Despite deleting all references to the previous service on the lap top when I copy and paste the new service list I get a mixture of last week's welcome screen and readings screens together with this week's hymns. This is quite puzzling as, on the face of it, last week's items have been deleted from the database yet they continue to re-appear along with this week's hymns resulting in the need to re-input in church immediately prior to the servive. Very frustrating. Any suggestions please? Bernard Kerr :D
Bernard Kerr
Junior

Re: Transfers from desk top to lap top

Postby brainier » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Have you tried to make a new playlist each week rather than using an old one and adding to and deleting from it?
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Bernard Kerr » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Thank you but this is the whole point. I create a new play list on my desk top and before loading it to the church lap top I delete the old play list and even delete the welcome screen, etc from the database - and still it picks up old data. Logic say this should not be possible but I have come to the conclusion that data is hidden away somewhere that I cannot see. NB - I have no problems if I work directly on to the lap top. It only happens when I use my desk top and transfer it via a memory stick.
Bernard Kerr
Junior

Postby brainier » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:50 pm

So you are saying that if you open Zionworxs, don't do anything with last weeks service (i.e. don't open last weeks playlist or do anything with anything in the database from last week), add all the correct items to the playing order and then save a new playlist, it still shows stuff from last week?
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby Bernard Kerr » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:52 am

No. I delete everything from the past, i.e. all playlists and I delete from the database items that may conflict, e.g. the welcome screen layout, last week's readings, etc. Then I load the new playlist etc from the memory stick containing the service I prepared on my desk top. This new playlist then manages to pick up old data, e.g. old welcome screen, last week's readings even though I have deleted them from the database. Logic says this should not happen but it does which is why I think that either I am doing something wrong when deleting or that data is held somewhere that I am not aware of. Incidentally, the font size that I select whilst on the desk top also changes to a larger font size when I load the new playlist.
Bernard Kerr
Junior

Postby brainier » Mon May 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Don't delete the playlists, make a new one each week. Don't delete stuff from the database, add new stuff each week.

Zionworx stores the content/text of the items added to the playlist when you save the playlist in the playlist file. This allows you to add new songs at home, bring the playlist to church and load up the playlist and have the song added to the database.

If you open Zionworx, create the new notices and songs needed for this week and then save this playlist to the USB key, not touching old stuff, not opening old stuff etc then nothing should copy. Then delete any old stuff you don't want.

Don't use the same name for stuff again and again, for example if your welcome screen is called "welcome screen" then use "welcome screen 01012011" for example, dates changing ech week.

Also, why not use powerPoint for notices - many more features than the Zionworx song format.
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support