Backing up Data Base and Loading on laptop

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Backing up Data Base and Loading on laptop

Postby ald1941 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 am

Guess I am illiterate here. Not a geek I guess. I started the program on desktop and have added a number of songs. I would like to move those songs in the database to the laptop.
I went to C:programs then Zionworx and then found a folder that said Data. I copied that folder off of the desk top and tried to put it in to the folder on the laptop. But when it put is in instead of saying there is a already a copy there it just put it in the folder as a copy.
Where and how do I back up and then move.
THANKS
AL IN TX USA
ald1941
Junior

Re: Backing up Data Base and Loading on laptop

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:00 am

Depending on the Windows version and the directory you installed to you are running the installation may not actually be to a Data directory in the Zionworx folder. You may find it is a shortcut which points to a directory actually under the UserData folder (or something similar). If you double click on the directory under Zionworx and see if it takes you to another folder (check file path in windows explorer window).

The easiest way I've found to move songs from one computer to another is to take a copy of the data directory (as you have possibly done) and stick it on a USB drive. Plug the USB drive into the second computer. Run Zionworx on the second computer and choose the import menu. This will allow you to browse for a folder containing a database and when selected will show the songs the database contains. You can then select individual songs and import them into the current database.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby ald1941 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:13 am

Chris,
I am still so dense. I usually can pull myself out. I do understand copy the database from the desktop where it resides to a usb thumbdrive. But I am still having trouble seeing or locating the database. I loaded ZionWorx on the desktip just as default setup to the C:
I go to C and look in ZionWorz and don't see data folder or file. When I loaded songs I just went to the add a song while running ZionWorx and allowed it to save where ever that takes it and where the songs that were already with the program reside. The desk top is running Windows 7 32 bit and the lap top is running Windows 7 64bit.
If you can bail me out it would be much appreciated. I am trying to get away from the openlp program we run and over to ZionWorx. I did another post tonight about getting to the screen from a lap top.
Any and All help appreciated
Al in TEXAS USA
ald1941
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 am

Hi Al,

If you open ZionWorx and choose Preferences - on the database tab you should see the location of the database directory. You can copy the text from there and paste into a Windows explorer window and that will open to the correct location.

Chris
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support