CCLI an Song Select

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

CCLI an Song Select

Postby ald1941 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:04 pm

HI ALL,
I am new here and just discovered this GREAT Program. We are a small USA, TX church and thus the use of a free program like this is a BLESSING!
I have a question. We are paying subscribers to the CCLI and also pay extra to the SONG SELECT that can be an addition.
We started 5 months ago using songs on a large tv which for our small sanctuary is fine. At the time we started the best program we could seem to find was one called openlp. It has don a pretty good job but I do like the format of Zionworx better. But we have many songs we have pulled form Song Select that are already in the database of openlp. I tried and tried to see if Song Select was available in this program but don't see a way to pull songs with it.
I am not completely computer savy in all things and also wondered if it is possible to pull songs from the openl database with out having to completely re-do and copy and paste or re-type.
Any and all help appreciated. You can reply to me here of to my email of photobug98@hotmail.com
THANKS AL USA, TX
ald1941
Junior

Re: CCLI an Song Select

Postby brainier » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:45 pm

The only import is via copy and paste, unless you want to hack open the OpenLP database and the TurboDB system used by Zionworx.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby ald1941 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:09 pm

HI Brian,
Guess there is no chance of zionworx programing in to Song Select? I wish I was good enough to hack in to openlp database and then zionworx. I have quite a few songs in openlp with the copywrites and authors and it might be a long process to copy and past all of them. I would like to make the change to zionworx though. My son the guru might help me but beyond that I am just not that literate. I do like the way that zionworx appears on the screen. Openlp seems to have used too much screen space that is not necessary in the active and in active parts.
If you can give me any hint as how to hack this I could get my son to read and perhaps he might help me out.
Thanks for the reply.
Al in TX , USA
ald1941
Junior

Postby brainier » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:21 am

I have no idea, as I do not know what database Song Select uses (or indeed if it is password protected and therefore limited access) or what database OpenLP uses. There are TurboDB tools available.

The easiest way to do a mass migration of data would be to duplicate the XML file format of the Zionworx playlist. Elsewhere on these forums are instructions on how to go about that. The end result would be to copy and paste out of Song Select/OpenLP into a text file which you have the XML tags already inside. Then open this XML file inside Zionworx. Zionworx will see new songs and add them to its database.

Brian
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:36 am

Thanks for your comments about Zionworx. SongSelect integration is something we've done some initial work into supporting but nothing finalised yet. Unfortunately there is no way of accessing a SongSelect 'database' unless as Brian mentions you can access another software program that has SS integration and 'hack' into their storage. To be honest though copy & paste from the SS would probably be as quick as anything else currently. You wouldn't be able to import a large number of songs into ZW at a time - rather running a search to find a song and then importing.

Hopefully we will make some progress on this but unfortunately for now no options with Zionworx.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby ald1941 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks Chris for your info. I have just used that openllp for about 6 months but I do like the way that zionworx looks and its ease of seeing the way things flow.
I am far from being a programer so don't know how openlp works with CCLI and Song select. I know that many churches here in the us use Song Select as it is an easy way to get words plus author's and copywrite right in to the program. But most of the large churches use media shout and other $400 to $500 programs. We are just so small and have other needs that eat up finances we are not able to buy the big dollar sign programs. I asume if they can do it perhaps with a little dilligance you folks might be able to . There is a dropdown in open lp says import songs, then a second drop down and one option is ccli. I click that and it takes me to CCli, than a second click and it takes me to song select. I tid type in my ccli license number in to openlp but then some how they have tied it all together.
I hope you might be able to pursue Song Select usage in the very near future.
Thanks
AL in USA, TX
ald1941
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support