Windows 7 - Changing Global Default Font - Access Violation

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Windows 7 - Changing Global Default Font - Access Violation

Postby davidhw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 am

Hi, many thanks for this brilliant software - we've been using it for yonks, and its fantastic.

We've upgraded to Windows 7 + Powerpoint 2007 and despite minor hassles with PPT (another time...) its going OK, except for this major hassle: we get Access Violation errors when we start changing fonts.

Try this, it produces a repeatable error on my machine. I'm an admin user.

• Start Zionworx.
  • Add a song
  • Select the song in the playlist, click the TT font button, choose a different font
  • Click the "Save Style" icon (bottom of the four vertical icons)
  • Choose "Save as Global Default" and press OK
  • Agree to the "are you sure" dialog.
  • Add another song
  • Select the new song in the playlist, click the TT font button, choose a different font.
  • Access Violation! (eg - only eg, the numbers differ - "Access Violation at address 00406256 in module 'ZionWorx.exe'. Read of address 6C612091")
  • Try closing ZW - I now get miscellaneous errors and have to resort to Task Manager to end the process.

Aha, why not run ZW as an administrator, or try WinXP SP3 compatibility mode?
Not a chance - it won't even start.

We get the Access Violation errors on both my home computer and the church computer. However I haven't tried the sequence above on the church computer yet - I just know I've had the errors after changing Global Default.

Any ideas?

Appreciate your help.
davidhw
Junior

Re: Windows 7 - Changing Global Default Font - Access Violation

Postby brainier » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 am

I can reproduce this on x64 bit Windows 7 too. But if I add all the songs first and then make the changes/save global style I do not get the problem - this is probably the work around in the meantime for this issue.

If I then add a song to the playlist and modify its fonts now I get the access violation.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby davidhw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks, I should have said its x64 Win 7 - I've a feeling the church machine is x86
davidhw
Junior

Postby davidhw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:34 am

I've also tried this with ZW in a non-UAC-protected folder, and by right-click-running-as-Administrator. Same error.

My workround is: do any changes to the Global Default, close ZW, open up and do everything else.
davidhw
Junior

Postby brainier » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:07 pm

davidhw wrote:Thanks, I should have said its x64 Win 7 - I've a feeling the church machine is x86

As Zionworx is also an x86 application, it will make no difference on an x64 machine unless someone hard-coded the path to the Program Files folder rather than using variables.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support