Zionworx stopped working!!!!!!!!!

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Zionworx stopped working!!!!!!!!!

Postby babydjmartin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:14 pm

I used Zionworx lots and everything was going well adding new songs to the database and everything... when i came back to use it after few days it wouldn't start, vista kept telling me it wasn't responding and so i un-installed it and re-installed it to see if that would fix the problem and no joy it just fails saying ZionWorx.exe has stopped working.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to fix this before SUNDAY ! ! ! !
babydjmartin
Junior

Re: Zionworx stopped working!!!!!!!!!

Postby brainier » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Do a System Restore and restore the computer back to before Zionworx failed for the first time. To start System Restore, just type that into the search box at the bottom of the Start Menu.

Its possible the System Restore will not role back the database, and so be prepared to need to restore the database from any backup you have - you do have a backup don't you!

Also, just in case, make a backup of the current Zionworx database. Its probably in c:\programdata\ZionWorx\2.6\ and backup all the files and folders you see here. To restore the data if need be later, just copy back the contents of the data folder (backup and restores must not happen whilst ZW is running). Do not restore the ini files unless you absolutly need to - it might be that these are corrupt and that is why it is failing. The ini files contain your margin settings, fade speeds, CCLI info, and lots of other config settings - best to restore these by opening ini and reseting the settings in ZW directly.

If this does nothing, try viewing the Previous Versions of c:\programdata\ZionWorx\2.6\, and using a previous version of this folder (right-click folder, properties, previous versions tab).
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support