Crashing when saving playlists, or going to help

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Crashing when saving playlists, or going to help

Postby gavinu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:10 am

I have installed Zionworx 2.6.50 the other day and it looks like a great product, if I can get a few things to work.

Every time try to save or load a playlist of go to Help Contents I get one of the following messages:
"Privileged instruction"
"External exception C000001D."
"Access violation at address 00397AF8. Read of address 62CA523C"

If I try more than a few times Zionworx just closes.

I have read other articles in the forum that indicate some reliance on Powerpoint or Bible Support. I have tried all possible combinations of them being switched off or on.

I have Windows XP fully patched and Office2003 fully patched. I have also tried to uninstall and re-install and doing a install over the current install. I have not yet registered anything.

I have tried all of this on two different Laptops. I really hope somebody can help as this looks like a great product.
gavinu
Junior

Re: Crashing when saving playlists, or going to help

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:56 am

Curious errors you are experiencing. Could you try opening the help file outside of ZionWorx - located at <install directory>\ZionWorx\zionworx.chm. If there are errors when opening then it is something on the machine that isn't configured/installed.

Running the application with the Powerpoint and Online Bible support turned off will not try and interact with those programs at all - and if they're not installed there won't be any problem.

Things you could try:
1) Try disabling any virus checking programs and run ZionWorx.
2) (Take a copy of the Data directory and any backgrounds that you have added if you want to keep backups). Uninstall ZionWorx and delete any directories that remain - should be <install directory>\ZionWorx and also the user settings folder - typically C:\Documents and Settings\<logged in user>\Local Settings\Application Data\ZionWorx\*. Reinstall the application again.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby gavinu » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I should have mentioned that I have tried this with AV disabled.

I just tried removing and re-installed as per your instructions and sadly, it's still the same. The help file works from the Start menu, and since re-installing it works from the Help, Contents menu option.
gavinu
Junior

Postby gavinu » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 pm

No thoughts on this? I would so love to use this software but just can't. I really hope that I can find a solution. I'm not giving up yet.
gavinu
Junior

Postby brainier » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Have you tried loading a playlist made on a computer that is not affected by this issue?

Do any other programs fail on the PC as well?

From Microsoft.com you can download a Memory Diagnostic tool (or there might be one built into your PC - if its a Dell laptop try powering on the PC with the Fn key pressed down to start diags, including memory diags (might not work on all Dell laptops, if not press F12 and boot into Diags option): http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp for the memory tester.

Are you opening/saving the playlists to the local computer (not to a removable drive or a network share)?

Can you open the playlist files in Notepad? What do they contain?

What happens when you double-click a playlist file?
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support