Moving between Powerpoint Files

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Moving between Powerpoint Files

Postby roscoe » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:01 pm

When I began using your great programme I was advised to split the service up into smaller Powerpoint files. In this way I am able to put the songs in their appropriate places in the Play List and it has worked very well with one exception.

I have the service divided into many different parts. Some of these parts are sometimes used each Sunday and some are used alternate Sundays. (For example, we may have a different prayer in the same place each week of the month, so there are four files used alternately. For ease of setting up, these four prayers are left in the playlist.) When the preceding Powerpoint file is finished the next file is opened. Between the movement between one file and the next, the recently played song (still in the right song window) appears briefly which is unwanted and annoying.

If the song screen is turned off (icon top right) that does not happen but turning that off is not always satisfactory as operators forget to turn it back on and then panic when the next song does not appear on the screen.

Hopefully there is a method to get around this problem. Thanks.

Roscoe.
roscoe
Junior

Re: Moving between Powerpoint Files

Postby brainier » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:45 am

They really should be turning of the song screen between songs/PPT slides. When PPT slides stop the PPT display screen is closed; result is that the song screen is now the main screen on the second display. If the song screen is black, as it should be when not singing, then you do not notice this.

The process for displaying a song should be F12 to start the selected song, and F10 when finished - this has the added effect of fading out the song when finished (see Preferences for your fading speeds). If you are singing two songs back to back use F11 and then F4 to fade to background colour and then F4 to select the next song. Press F12 now to fade in the next song.

We have no problem at our church with a number of computer operators of varying skills and these steps to fade into and out of songs and using F4 to move to the next item (though some people use the mouse rather than the keyboard). I have written the function of each of these keys onto the keyboard at church so that it is easy to remember.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: Moving between Powerpoint Files

Postby roscoe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:08 am

Brian,
Thanks so much for your help. The song appearing between PPT slides was annoying. I shall pass your comments on to our operators.

The idea of putting the key functions on the keyboard sounds a great idea. We too have operators of varying abilities so that should help.

Most appreciated. :D

Roscoe.
St Oswald's Anglican Church, One tree Hill, Auckland, New Zealand.
http://www.stoswaldsanglicanchurch.org.nz
roscoe
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support