ZW 2.6.50 Not Showing Loaded PPT Slides

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

ZW 2.6.50 Not Showing Loaded PPT Slides

Postby brainier » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 am

If I open a PowerPoint slide show from the disk directly and not via ZW and the load PPT feature then ZW does not pick it up. It used to.

The additional problem exists in that if I have slide1.ppt loaded in ZW and have slide2.ppt open via PowerPoint/double-clicked file on disk (and I opened the files in this order) and I ZW I click Play (slide1.ppt is shown on the thumbnails) I find that slide2.ppt starts!!! But from ZW viewpoint it looks like I am running slide1.ppt. If I click Stop and then play again I get only slide2.ppt.

This problem reared its head during Holiday Bible Club today - I had loaded the talk.ppt and loaded it into the playlist. Someelse came up to the computer later on and opened quiz.ppt from their USB key. When I clicked play on the slideshow in ZW thumbnails (it was showing talk.ppt), quiz.ppt appeared on the screen. When I clicked to button to add what ZW was showing in the thumbnails to the playlist it added quiz.ppt.

The only way to get talk.ppt to appear was to double-click the talk.ppt entry in the playlist even though it appeared to be the current presentation anyway.

Software: Windows XP Home, SP3, Office 2003, latest SP (whatever that is at the moment), and up to date on Windows Updates, ZW 2.6.50.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support