turboDB to mySQL or XML or ...

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

turboDB to mySQL or XML or ...

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Hey there

So I have a question for you, we want to build a small searchable common database of our church songs, of course we have most of our songs in the common formats stored in Zionworx. So .. I'm wondering, anyone know how you can extract the data from turboDB to mySQL or XML or RDF or ATOM or .... or .. or something I can USEEEE :)

I can't even find a MacOSX app to run turboDB (please tell me ZionWorx3.0 is using mySQL or SQLlite ??)

Basically what we are going to do is create a blog off the side of our church site, where each POST is a song. This will create a nice simple way for worship leaders & singers etc to search by any keyword to find songs etc. But I need to get the data out of ZionWorx ...

Once I have sorted out how to do this I'll write up a tutorial, publish any translation scripts etc so anyone else can do this ..
Mr K
The fella what looks after the komputer & picture making thingy hanging from the roof @ Pakuranga Baptist Church

Download FREE ZionWorx Backgrounds - I started a FREE site to share ZionWorx & PowerPoint ready backgrounds
oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Re: turboDB to mySQL or XML or ...

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Will give this a go ... and see how it works
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=804&p=3563&hilit=turboDB#p3563
Mr K
The fella what looks after the komputer & picture making thingy hanging from the roof @ Pakuranga Baptist Church

Download FREE ZionWorx Backgrounds - I started a FREE site to share ZionWorx & PowerPoint ready backgrounds
oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Postby ChrisClark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Not wanting to rain on anything but knowing websites (well meaning) that have had cease and desist notices regarding publishing song lyrics on the web I imagine you will need to have those posts secured in some way so only your ministry teams can access them. Even that may not fully satisfy the copyright police though.

Hope the TurboDB link works for you. Let us know how you get on.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:34 am

copyright is a big issue, so this entire system will be run on our "intranet" rather than the public WWW. entire teams will need passwords etc to get to the songs etc etc

This kinda falls into that area, how is this different than printing or photocopying all the songs and giving them to the teams? However having been in the web space for a while I realise this can be an issue - so we'll simply block external access :lol:
Mr K

oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Ended up not being able to do anything with turboDB - I'm just not good enough with that ha ha ha

So I took our old backup of songs from powerpoint files, for which we had TXT file copies and rendered those to XML and imported to WordPress ... and we now have a fully searchable remotely accessible database of songs :D
Mr K

oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support