Looping Powerpoint

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Looping Powerpoint

Postby pilgrim » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:38 am

I use Zionworx on Windows XP (if that is relevant - someone's bound to ask!)

When I prepare a PPT presentation (either on Powerpoint itself, or OpenOffice Impress and save as PPT) I can build in slide transitions etc, and loop the presentation, but when I run it in Zionworx I have to move the slides on manually, despite clicking 'use timings if available' and 'loop' ... any ideas?
pilgrim xx
pilgrim
Junior

Re: Looping Powerpoint

Postby brainier » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 am

Have you got timings in the PPT slide show? Each transition to the next slide, and each bit of animation can be associated with a time, with a mouse-click or both. It might be that your transitions are associated with a click only and not a time (even if you have a time set).

In PPT 2003 (which is the version of PPT I have to hand, 2007 is similar, cannot recall back as far as PPT XP) you choose the Slide Transition task pane and in the Advance slide options select Automatically after and enter a time. If you do not do this then the presentation will never automatically advance. If you are not sure what times to use go Slide Show menu and Reherse Timings. This will allow you to do the presentation with the mouse, but each click associates that time that you took with the mouse and records that as the time for the transition/animation.

To configure PPT shows to loop (and ZW will notice this and tick the box for you) choose Slide Show menu and Set up show. Under Show Options set "Loop continuously until 'Esc'".
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: Looping Powerpoint

Postby pilgrim » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks - yes, I have timings, but I'll have another look at it - I'm preparing stuff in Impress which may not help! Of course I save it as PPT 97 (the version of PPT I have on the church laptop) ... I'll get back to you. Many thanks for the support.
pilgrim xx
pilgrim
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support