Powerpoint Problem

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint Problem

Postby simongoddard » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm having a problem which seems to have just started (not quite sure why). When I open a powerpoint presentation from within Zionworx (it doesn't seem to do it otherwise) I get a small quarter screen preview of the first slide in the corner of the projected screen for a second or two (depending upon the size of the file). It then expands to fill the whole screen, but this has made presentations look very unprofessional. Does anyone know what might be happening?
Thanks,
Simon
simongoddard
Junior

Re: Powerpoint Problem

Postby brainier » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 pm

The small screen is the presentation in a window, which is then maxed to the full screen. This is the way ZW has always done PPT shows. The window opens on whatever screen you set in PPT for the showing of slides, and the full screen presentation opens on the second monitor (when running ZW on a dual monitor system).

So if you set PPT to open on the second monitor (in PPT Options) then you get a window and then full screen on the second monitor, BUT if you set PPT options to open on the primary monitor then you get the window opening on the primary monitor (behind ZW ususally, so you do not usually notice it) and then PPT goes full screen on the second monitor. From the view point of the watching church the presentation appears without the small window first only if you set PPT up this way.

Note thought that if you run PPT presentations outside of ZW then you will need PPT to show on the second monitor and then when you do run them through ZW you will get the small window display first! I think it is something to do with ZW supporting PPT97, and that later versions of PPT can be coded to display without the window first, but is done this way so that ZW will work with PPT97. I would rather that PPT97 support was dropped, so that I can set PPT to run on second monitor and ZW to use second monitor without a small window appearing publically with every presentation.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: Powerpoint Problem

Postby pilgrim » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:33 am

I'm still using PPT 97, so I hope support isn't dropped yet! :)
pilgrim xx
pilgrim
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support