Zionworx Locks Up

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Zionworx Locks Up

Postby Laney1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:29 pm

I am using Zionworx 2.6.49 on three machines. Two are using Vista and one in running XP. Almost every time out the program freezes for one reason or another, and I have to use Ctl Alt Del to shut it down. This might revolve around the saving of songlists? At home if I have made a songlist and then saved it to a memory stick, and then try to open Zionworx without the stick in place it locks.

This morning I loaded the songlist at church, loaded three powerpoints, then decided to add another song just before the service but didn't save it. Having run the song and fading the whole program was locked.

I also have the responce 'powerpoint is not running' sometimes.

Using Office 2003 with sp3.

Anyone else having problems?

Martin
Laney1
Junior

Re: Zionworx Locks Up

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:21 pm

What happens when you save the songlist to hdd, close zionworx and then copy the files over?
There is also the possibility that the stick is corrupted, so I would also try a different one.

As for lock ups, I would reinstall office and scan my hdd for errors.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Re: Zionworx Locks Up

Postby Laney1 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for replying. If I save to HDD first it's ok, it's just remembering to do it. The sticks are ok, I use two for safety. The problem occurs on three separate machines so I don't think it's the Office program, unless it's an Office 2003 glitch. I would be amazed if no one else has the same issue.

Martin
Laney1
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support