Notices?

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Notices?

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 am

Hey there folks

Wanted to ask what you all are doing about notices in Zionworx given there doesn't seem to be (or I completely missed it) facility for notices. We have a bunch of generic notices (welcome, turn mobiles off, prayer team, kids time etc) that we use at points through the service. These used to be powerpoint but I noticed some strange behaviour with Powerpoint at times (not loading the full slide) so have just transitioned these to images (go photoshop). Now I have 5 or 6 songs called eg: NOTICES - Kids Time, which contain simply a . (as you can't have nothing) and our projectionists then grab a background image from our image repository to make the right notice.

What are others doing?
Mr K
The fella what looks after the komputer & picture making thingy hanging from the roof @ Pakuranga Baptist Church

Download FREE ZionWorx Backgrounds - I started a FREE site to share ZionWorx & PowerPoint ready backgrounds
oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Re: Notices?

Postby ChrisClark » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 am

We use looping powerpoint presentation - maybe we're not doing too much with them compared to other churches.

BUT if you did want to use image backgrounds you could create a song for each notice with a non-breaking line in the verses as opposed to a '.'. ZionWorx allows you to set up a style and assign it as the default to use for a specific song so you could create a style for each notice with the correct image background and apply it to each of the notice 'songs' as the default. (This applying of the style needs to be done in the play list)

That way all the projectionist would need to do is add the notice to the play list and display from there.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Re: Notices?

Postby oo00_Mr_K_00oo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:00 am

Ahh yes the line break ... will do that thanks

I do have a full style set for the Notices which yes you can apply from the drop down style selector. What I have done for us though is we now have 4 or 5 alternatives for each notice - so we don't get too bored with the same one every week :D
Mr K
The fella what looks after the komputer & picture making thingy hanging from the roof @ Pakuranga Baptist Church

Download FREE ZionWorx Backgrounds - I started a FREE site to share ZionWorx & PowerPoint ready backgrounds
oo00_Mr_K_00oo
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support