Zionworx failing to start

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Zionworx failing to start

Postby Andy_Abertay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi

Before Christmas i used Zionworx lots and everything was going well adding new songs to the database and everything... when i came back to use it after Christmas it wouldn't start, vista kept telling me it wasn't responding and so i un-installed it and re-installed it to see if that would fix the problem and no joy it just fails saying ZionWorx.exe has stopped working :( .

Please can anyone suggest a fix or is there a patch I'm missing?
I really liked it when it work and i used it every Thursday at our CU meetings :D

Cheers
Andy
Andy_Abertay
Junior

Re: Zionworx failing to start

Postby brainier » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm

I suggest uninstalling and then cleaning up all the folders where Zionworx resides before reinstalling.

So, here are the steps:
1. Backup data - see http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum_3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=820&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=copy+database
2. Delete c:\programdata\zionworx (this is a hidden folder, if you type the c:\programdata path directly into Windows Explorer then the folder will appear without needing to change any settings.
3. Browse to c:\program files\zionworx (or c:\program files (x86)\zionworx if running 64 bit Windows) and if a button called Compatibility Files appears on the toolbar visit this folder and delete the contents
4. Delete c:\program files\zionworx (or c:\program files (x86)\zionworx if running 64 bit Windows)
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: Zionworx failing to start

Postby Andy_Abertay » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi Brainier

I have done this lots of times and still had the same problem, i went trawling through my machine to find every spec of the software and deleted it. When i came to reinstall it. I STILL had a problem.

I have since then re installed vista and with a clean installation of vista i have been able to install and run Zionworx. I put the problem down to my graphics card being replaced and needing a fresh install of my operating system.

Thanks for the help tho. :D
Andy_Abertay
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support