BACK-UP SONG LIST

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

BACK-UP SONG LIST

Postby PatvanEyssen » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 am

Please can someone help me :?:
I am a new user to ZionWorx and I would like to know how to back-up my song list.
Thanks in anticipation.
Pat from Cape Town.
PatvanEyssen
Junior

Re: BACK-UP SONG LIST

Postby Jonathan Hills » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:37 pm

A search for backup in this support section gives this solution:

"Go to File > Preferences > Database and copy the path in the dialog*. This is the actual location, and as Chris says just back up the entire folder (but not when Zionworx is running)."

In windows explorer, if you use and address bar, you can paste it into there, or into a search box in windows explorer.

Copy to external drive, cd, dvd, flash drive etc.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby PatvanEyssen » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks for the information, Jonathan. I have managed to copy the Data Folder with its contents but once it is on my flash disk I am unable to open the files. I have tried opening them from within Windows Explorer as well as from within ZionWorx and neither work. Please can you help me, yet again? Sorry about this! Regards, Pat.
PatvanEyssen
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Pat,

You won't be able to open the contents of the data files in Windows Explorer or indeed through ZionWorx (via the Open command). They are program files and are not user-readable.

There are notes in the help file that is installed with ZionWorx that describes how to back-up and restore the database - albeit - it is slightly out-of-date with the Vista modification where the data directory is in a slightly different location. However as you have already located the data folder the remainder should be relevant to your query.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby PatvanEyssen » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:29 am

Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for the info - will try it out. Regards, Pat.

ChrisClark wrote:Hi Pat,

You won't be able to open the contents of the data files in Windows Explorer or indeed through ZionWorx (via the Open command). They are program files and are not user-readable.

There are notes in the help file that is installed with ZionWorx that describes how to back-up and restore the database - albeit - it is slightly out-of-date with the Vista modification where the data directory is in a slightly different location. However as you have already located the data folder the remainder should be relevant to your query.
PatvanEyssen
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support