Invalid Class Typecast

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Invalid Class Typecast

Postby Wayne » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:17 pm

I have V2.6.49 and am getting an error message of "Invalid Class Typecast". This typically happend when attempting to search for a song using the keyword function but also
sometimes when simply exiting ZW. When the error happens I am also then not able to load any songs into the playlist as no songs are shown.

Shutting down and restarting does resolve the issue but clearly this is not ideal in the middle of a service.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Wayne
Junior

Re: Invalid Class Typecast

Postby vetto » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:31 pm

Wow...today I got this error also! (I realize that this thread is REALLY REALLY old, but I generally don't like starting new ones for same issue) :D

Didn't add anything to the DB (other users may have?), and at the end of the service last week I tried to close ZW and when the DB index started...BAM!" Invalid Class Typecast".
I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close ZW.
Started it back up, unchecked the option to update text index when closing ZW, and the issue went away.

Then today I had to search by keyword cause the music team threw me a unplanned song, and "Invalid Class Typecast" error. And here's something even weirder...when that error occurred, the song list became invisible! The songs are still there, I can double click in the song list and it adds to the playlist...just cant see the titles!

I thought about this, could I "add" a new song now that I am getting this error? So I tried and found that I can add new songs. And when I did, the "visibility" of the song list returned.

I think the song list visibility thing is a glitch...the real problem is the "Invalid Class Typecast"

Any ideas?

Right now I cannot
1. update db index
2. search by keyword
-- worship is an active, deliberate, and rewarding act of love...just being there is not enough
vetto
Senior

Postby Christian » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi vetto,

Woah... very strange indeed!

If you want to email me your database folder zipped up then I can run it through a maintenance tool we have, delete and rebuild the indexes, and see if it starts to behave.

Bizarre!

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby vetto » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Will have it to yiu on sunday afternoon.
-- worship is an active, deliberate, and rewarding act of love...just being there is not enough
vetto
Senior

Postby vetto » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Christian, Did you find anything weird in my database?
vetto
Senior

Postby Christian » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi Vetto,

Thanks for your patience...

Chris has looked over this and can't find any problems with your database at all, and keyword searching through it works fine too. He'll be in touch directly to see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support