Using Italics for a Chorus

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Using Italics for a Chorus

Postby rhmspjm » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:05 pm

When adding a new song to the 'Song List', why is it not possible to add the chorus in italics? The only way of doing this, that I can see, is to change it manually when the chorus is displayed 'live' on the screen, and then it changes the whole song. Any suggestions please
Robert :D
rhmspjm
Junior

Re: Using Italics for a Chorus

Postby ChrisClark » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:51 am

Actually your way of doing it is quite an effective workaround as otherwise this isn't currently possible. This will be looked at in a future release.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan Hills » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:43 pm

I don't see the need for this. The chorus in italics is really forprinted songs, where space, pages, typesettings are important. With an electronic copy, these restrictions aren't relevant.

If the chorus is needed 4 times, then put it in the song 4 times.That way the song/hymn will flow and the operator doesn't need to think which verse are we on. I'm not sure the congregation need it, I thinj they can recognise achorus with little difficulty!
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Wayne » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Where italicising may be beneficial is where Men and Women sing different parts to a song alternately or indeed in some more modern songs where different words are sung simultanously. Perhaps this functionaluty could beconsidered for this or, as an alternative, the ability to have two font colours per song?
Wayne
Junior

Postby brainier » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:50 pm

I am in two minds about the italics in choruses. I can see both reasons for and (not against) but reasons why they are not really needed.

What would be useful though is the ability to mark a "verse" in ZW as a chorus, and for the presentation screen to show verse#/chorus and total of verses left. That way, if people do not know the song well, they know when it is going to finish. In a book that is obvious, but on a screen it is really unclear about what is left to do.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support