Error Message whn loading PP presentation

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Error Message whn loading PP presentation

Postby Terrycat » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:10 am

Whenever I try to load a Pwer Point presentation into Zionworx (2.6.49) I get an error message - Cannot open file C:\ProgramData\Zionworx\2.6\Temp\Slide1.jpg. Access is denied. I am using Vista Home Basic with Office 2007 on a Laptop. This actually happened on ZW 2.6.42 but I installed the latest upgrade to see if that would help but it didn't. Am I doing something wrong?
Terrycat
Junior

Re: Error Message whn loading PP presentation

Postby brainier » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Its probably a permissions thing. Can you login as an administrator and start the Command Prompt application (type cmd after pressing Start).
In the Command Prompt run the following: cacls C:\ProgramData\Zionworx\2.6\Temp

You should get

Code: Select all
C:\ProgramData\Zionworx\2.6\Temp BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)(ID)F
                                 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)(ID)F
                                 BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)(ID)F
                                 [i]a username on your computer[/i]:(ID)F
                                 CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(ID)F

If you do not get this then type: cacls C:\ProgramData\Zionworx\2.6\Temp /T /E /G everyone:F

This will give everyone full control to this folder, so that access is not denied. Windows Home Edition does not have a way to do this without using the command line. In fact (as I never use Home Edition) it might not have even the command line tools. If not, download cacls.exe from the Internet.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Re: Error Message whn loading PP presentation

Postby Terrycat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 am

Thank you Brian but unfortunately this does not seem to work. I certainly had all the right things come on to the screen but the same error message came up when accessing Power Point from Zionworx, even after restarting the Laptop. However I looked at another computer (XP) with Zionworx installed and note that the Temp folder contains power point slides whereas the Temp folder on the laptop is empty. Would this be something to do with PP 2007 (pptx) and Zionworx or just that the slides are not being transferred over to the Temp file correctly?
Terrycat
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support