Failure to write to FTIndexTable.dat

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Failure to write to FTIndexTable.dat

Postby York Pilson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:31 am

Just after my last post, I went to Praise and Worship practice to set up. When I tried to start Zionworx, I got the following message, and then the screen went black ,except for the splash screen:
Error while writing to file c:\documents and settingall users\application data\zionworx\
2.6\data\ftindextable.dat.

I am using a Dell Latitude 800 and running Windows XP. We have had this setup for about 2 years and it has done well in that time. Task Manager does not show Zionworx running as an application, but it does show Zionworx.exe in Processes. When I restart, the Zionworx dialog box asks if I am sure I want to quit.

I hope that someone has a quick fix, as Praise and Worship service is at 8:30 EDT in the US. Barring a quick fix, is there a way to copy the database for the songs. Another peculiarity of the 800 is that it won't show the directory Application Data using Windows Explorer, though I can find it on a graphics program I use, Irfanview. Since it is a graphics program, I can't see any non-graphics files.
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Re: Failure to write to FTIndexTable.dat

Postby davepartridge » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:37 pm

I don't know most of the answers, but to show the Application Data you need to do the following:

Open My Computer/Explorer and go to Tools, Folder Options. Click on the View tab, and then in the big list of Advanced Settings, find 'Hidden files and folders' and change it to 'Show hidden files and folders'.

That should solve that particular problem.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:00 pm

If you have a zionworx.exe in the process tab then the program didn't shut down completely and probably still has a lock on the database files causing the error on startup.

I would normally just select the process and 'End Process' and start ZionWorx again.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby York Pilson » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks for the replies. I tried restarting and the problem seemed persistant. I thought it might be a hardware problem so I unhooked the video splitter we use to run three monitors and a projector, and it still happened. I tried reloading Zionworx and that did not resolve the problem. As I was unable to get to the directory where the data for the songs and pictures were stored, I did not want to uninstall Zionworx, since I did not have them backed up on other media.

In the end, I used a small Linux distribution, Puppy 4.0, which loads from a CD and runs in RAM, and copied the data and background files. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Zionworx and that took care of writing to FTIndexTable.dat. I then reloaded the files I had copied and was mostly back into operation. Unfortunately, I did something wrong with the Songs file and will have to re-enter the data.

All this happened after the Sunday service. It must have been Saint Murphy's Sunday, as just about everything we did went wrong. I called the pastor at 7:45 to tell her to copy her paper copy of the service so we could hand it out, and woke her up. She had driven 6 hours to a wedding on Saturday and returned at around 11:00pm, was tired, and overslept. The copying machine did not copy page 5 of the seven page service. We could not find the paper copies of the announcements. The music coordinator had printed off the songs, but they were not in order, and the wrong version of one of the songs was used. Finally, one of our regular families had brought a number of family members to visit, along with some friends they were hoping to convince to move to our area. But, God was praised and worshipped, communion was celebrated, and we were all reminded that we must put our trust in the Lord, not in our actions.
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support