Minimising Zionworx

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Minimising Zionworx

Postby Trevor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:36 am

Hi there,

We have recently found a problem, which I think has started with Zionworx 2.6.42. When we minimise Zionworx to show a PowerPoint presentation (not from within ZW) which is on the desktop, and then afterwards restore ZW, that we can't get the words to show on the projector again. We have to close and restart ZW to show the words. This is a minor issue, but one which we would prefer to avoid. Has anyone else had this problem?

We are using Win XP and Office 2007.

Thanks for any help,

Trevor
Trevor
Junior

Re: Minimising Zionworx

Postby davepartridge » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:59 pm

There's a nice long thread about it here.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:03 pm

And we are working on a solution for this. But in the meantime I'm wondering why you would be running PowerPoint presentations outside of ZW.

You may want to try using Ctrl+F9 in the meantime and Alt-Tabbing to PowerPoint presentation rather than minimising.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby ben_nicholls » Sat May 10, 2008 5:01 pm

ChrisClark wrote:And we are working on a solution for this. But in the meantime I'm wondering why you would be running PowerPoint presentations outside of ZW.

the reason that we run the presentation outside of zionworx is that when showing the presentation inside zionworx, when showing it, the transition is very jolty, this is for the first time that the presentation is showed, for the first slide. yes it may be our graphics card, projector, computer etc but that is not the point. also, we often need to minimise zionworx, cos we use soundforge to record the sermons. we have recently had this probelm also, of the minimising thing that is.
ben_nicholls
Junior

Postby vetto » Sun May 11, 2008 4:01 pm

I also run the PP slide show from PP not from ZW. I find that running it from ZW is sluggish, and powerpoint is open anyway so why not use it!

Note to all who do this, you DO NOT have to minimize ZW, just select PP from the task bar and start the show. When you end the show, the screen will be right where you left it in ZW! Easy.
-- worship is an active, deliberate, and rewarding act of love...just being there is not enough
vetto
Senior

Postby brainier » Wed May 14, 2008 11:42 am

Or use ALT+TAB to change application. Just like anytime that you change application in Windows.

Do you remember this bit from your Windows training course that you went on? Oh, yes - no one goes on Windows courses any more as they think they don't need to.

[I write this as I met someone the other day who used Windows day in/day out but had never seen/used ALT+TAB to change application and always used the mouse to minimise one and restore another]

Quick Windows Guide
WK = Windows Key (a key on the keyboard, usually next to the left hand CTRL key on the bottom row unless using some Dell laptops or HP laptops where they put it top right)

WK+M = Minimise All (this would include the ZW presentation screen, so do not use is ZW is running)
WK+D = Show Desktop. press this again and applications return to restored state (note WK+M does not restore, only minimises)
WK+U = Accessibility
WK+R = Run
WK+F = Fine
WK+Break = System Properties
WK+E = Explorer
WK+Tab = Change Application (Vista Only, Aero Interface only), called Flip3D
ALT+TAB = Change Application
WK = Start Menu
Ctrl+Esc = Start Menu

And the rest I found just now, so maybe these are Vista only
WK+1 = Show Desktop (WK+D)
WK+2 = Flip3D (ie WK+TAB)
WK+3 = Internet Explorer (though it is probably your default browser)
WK+4 = Outlook (though it is probably your default email program)
WK+5 = Windows Media Player (ditto, probably your default media player)
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby vetto » Thu May 15, 2008 1:27 am

It is amazing to me that some users don't know these... I am a *nix system admin professionally, and use linux 99% of the time at home so I am extremely comfortable working without a mouse. At work on the windows systems we support I always get comments like "hold on! what did you just do" when I press
Code: Select all
WIN-R, cmd <enter>, ipconfig /all
all in about a second instead of using the mouse and navigating to the network adapters ip settings with the mouse and the gui. They think I am some genius with computers when in all actuality I just know, and am comfortable, with the keyboard.
-- worship is an active, deliberate, and rewarding act of love...just being there is not enough
vetto
Senior

Postby webmaster » Fri May 30, 2008 1:59 pm

The WK+1

is the order the Left hand short cut icons are placed in.

for me WK+3 is calculator and WK+1 is IE
WK+4 is Itunes ....

So this area is dependant on quicklanch order

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby brainier » Sat May 31, 2008 9:34 am

Ohhh! I now have a Quick Launch key for Zionworx!
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Christian » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Just to say that the minimising problem is fixed in the latest release today v2.6.49

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby vetto » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:58 pm

<clapping>
vetto
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support