Database Index Errors

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Database Index Errors

Postby brainier » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:30 pm

I took a copy of my database to do a bulk update of songs to it offline (added Songs of Fellowship book 4 to the database). I did this on a Vista computer and copied the entire database back to the computer in church once the update was done (making backup's thankfully). The new database opened on the church PC (XP Pro) in the same version of Zionworx (2.6.42) but when I completed a keyword search on entering the third character it generated an error that the index did not exist (sorry, don't have exact text - will update forum later).

One thing that I noticed though, was that on Vista rebuilding the index generated different filenames than XP would generate for the same version of the software. The keyword search works on Vista with either database, but on XP only with a database that has not had it's index updated on Vista. And when you do a keyword search against a "Vista" database on XP, after the error appears the song list is empty and the program needs restarting to display the database again.

The following are the index files:

Previous database, only used on XP
Code: Select all
Data.tdbd
FTIndexTable.dat
FTIndexTable.id
FTIndexTable.inr
Keywords.in1
Keywords.in2
Keywords.rel
MainTable.blb
MainTable.dat