access volation - new computer

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

access volation - new computer

Postby jeneale » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:13 am

hi had to buy a new laptop (the other one didn't like apple juice!) downloaded v2.6 which have been using fine - when i try to open zionworx, i get access violation code 006030ce on module zionworx.exe read of adress 00000000. OS windows xp, office 2003 . it seeme d to start when i enabled powerpoint.
#
any ideas?

jane neale
hinckley
jeneale
Junior

Re: access volation - new computer

Postby jeneale » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:35 pm

any one got ideas - when i unable power point it works fine, need to try and sort this before tommorow
jeneale
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 am

Have you tried starting PowerPoint up separately as the user you are running ZionWorx under? Try starting PowerPoint (the first time it usually displays a prompt to enter initial information) and then start ZionWorx. ZW should detect the open PowerPoint and use that. If that works then try loading ZW with Powerpoint closed. It should open PPT to use it.

If that doesn't work then perhaps consider what users you are running the various programs as - eg did you install Office as another user on the laptop.. was that an administrator user (not sure if that matters).. Are you running ZW as a user with administrator access rights.

Failing that I would try reinstalling Office.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby jeneale » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:32 am

i am the only user on the laptop - and as an administrator. i have unloaded and reloaded office and no different. i tried what you suggested but that didn't work either. i think i will completly remove zionworx and redownload it again.

its strange because we havn't had a problem before on the old computer.

but that is a job for next week - need to go and get ready for service now.

thanks

jane
jeneale
Junior

Postby JimmyS » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:16 pm

I had the same problem and it was resolved after I initialized the Online Bible feature, closed ZW and then restarted. Hope that helps you. Blessings to all, Jimmy
JimmyS
Junior

Postby JimmyS » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Regarding my previous post. It appears that initializing Online Bible may have been coincidental to resolving the access violation problem. I had to restart my computer and the problem reappeared. I started PP, then ZW, then clicked on the default Presentation 1 PP, moved it to the Play List and clicked play. It now loads PP when ZW is started.
Blessings, Jimmy
JimmyS
Junior

Postby jeneale » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi, i tried that and it still doesn't work. i have removed zionworx and re downloaded it and it is still happening, i have reloaded office, still happening.

now at a complete loss.

jane
jeneale
Junior

Postby jeneale » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:42 pm

fixed it. i downloaded sp3 for office 2003 and now it works.

:wink:
jeneale
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:57 am

Glad to hear that you have been able to get it working. Thanks for letting us know what the solution was.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support