Online Bible Swedish/Norwegian

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Online Bible Swedish/Norwegian

Postby hassebe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:24 am

Hi,
I do not know whether this is a problem on the Zionworx side or on Biblegateway side. Anyway, If I select "Levande Bibeln" under the swedish versions (SV) I get the norwegian translation. If I look under the norwegian versions (NO) this translation has exactly the same name (Levande Bibeln), which might be a cause of the problem.
If I go to Biblegateway's homepage and select the swedish "Levande Bibeln" I get the swedish translation.
Now, swedish and norwegian might be quite similar from an english perspective ;-) but I would anyway appreciate if there was a workaround for this or in case it's a bug, it was placed on the bugfix list for future updates.
hassebe
Junior

Re: Online Bible Swedish/Norwegian

Postby brainier » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:49 pm

What version/language do you get if you visit Bible Gateway in Internet Explorer with Zionworx closed and set your translation (as this sets a cookie on your PC). Then start Zionworx. On my copy this causes the Bible Gateway option to default to my selected translation. Does this give you the correct language as well?
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby hassebe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:37 am

I now did the following:
Opened up Bible Gateway in IE and set the preferences to use the swedish "Levande Bibeln". This gives me the swedish version of "Levande Bibeln" on the Bible Gateway webpage.
While keeping IE open, started ZionWorx.
Connected to Bible Gateway in the "bible tab". Zionworx then defaulted on "Svenska 1917" which was the version I last used in ZionWorx.
If I then change to the swedish "Levande Bibeln" in the scroll list, I still get the norwegian version.

I noticed one thing:
If I select the swedish version on "Levande Bibeln" in ZionWorx (which gives me the norwegian one), close down ZionWorx and reopen, it defaults to the norwegian (NO) entry of "Levande Bibeln" in the scroll list. This seems to independent on what I have set as a default version on the Bible Gateway homepage.

Please let me know if there are some more investigations I can do to help you find a solution to this.
hassebe
Junior

Postby hassebe » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 am

I have found a workaround/solution for this :D
If I select the main entry "Svenska(SV)" in the scroll down list for selecting bible translation from BG, I get the swedish version of Levande Bibeln!
If I select the sub entry "Svenska 1917" i get the 1917 version. However, if I select the sub entry "Levande Bibeln", I still get the norwegian translation.
hassebe
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support