Flashing screen

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Re: Flashing screen

Postby Daveee » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:59 am

[quote="brainier]

The summary from this post is that you should not minimise Zionworx.[/quote]

Not practical if you need to display some other media like a DVD :cry: :cry: :cry
Daveee
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:33 pm

Rather than minimising do try using the Ctrl+F9 to hide the presentation screen. We will look at making this feature more obvious in the next release.

We will continue looking at why minimise isn't restoring both windows and hopefully find a resolution for this as well.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby brainier » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 pm

If you start the DVD software after Zionworx then it will appear over the top of the presentation screen. If it is started before, then you are likely to find that you need to minimise the program to view the DVD screen.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Rmarshp » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:29 pm

One final comment on my Flashing Screen issue guys. The problem seems to disappear when I disable support for powerpoint.
We use powerpoint every Sunday and usually have a DVD and CD playing through the PC, so minimising problems abound. Sorry! That was two final comments! Phil
Rmarshp
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:52 pm

The flashing issue and also the minimisation will be corrected in the next release of ZionWorx. You are right that it is related to powerpoint being activated.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby Christian153 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 pm

I have found a similar problem. It occurs on the control screen, and is visible when zionworx is minimised/windowed. It looks like all the items on the desktop are being constantly refreshed, about once a second. I use two separate graphics cards, one AGP(control) and one PCI, both 64M. I am running windows 2000 pro on a 2.8ghz processor with a gig of ram. Again it only started with the new version. I guess there will always be teething problems when software is placed into the "real" world. There is also some instability when scrolling through the song list, a sort of bounce. I can live with it but if there is a simple fix that would be good. The new version is certainly more useful.
Christian153
Junior

Postby Laney1 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:23 am

Don't know if this helps, but I now have two machines both doing the flashing icon thing, neither of which will work again with ZionWorx without a complete system reboot. One is using XP Home, the other XP Pro, both fully updated.

Once they started the icons flashing neither would transfer the words from the right hand pane to the central display pane. Shuting down and restarting ZionWorx had no effect until the whole system was shut down and restarted. I also noticed that it failed to warn about saving over an existing file.
Laney1
Junior

Postby jmcgwen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:30 am

ChrisClark wrote:The flashing issue and also the minimisation will be corrected in the next release of ZionWorx. You are right that it is related to powerpoint being activated.

We are experiencing the same problem and thought it was our laptop who's causing the flashing. Anyway, when is the next release with the fix likely to be released?
jmcgwen
Junior

Postby brainier » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:16 am

Has anyone noticed a flashing PowerPoint display (not the flashing icons described in the rest of this post)?

If I load up a slide from anything other than the 1st slide then the screen shows (briefly) the first slide, then shows the 2nd (as that is the one I am loading) and then the presentation screen flashes four times.

It does not do it on Vista, but our church PC is an old P3 processor running XP Home with Office 2002 and 384Mb of RAM (it might be the lack of memory/processor that is causing the issue).
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Previous

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support