F2 Issue

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

F2 Issue

Postby mark thompson » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:47 pm

Just upgraded to latest version, and as default comes up in F2 mode, but when pressing F2 to exit that mode, it just toggles between Zionworx and a black screen, also ALT+TAB to move between applications has stopped working unless the black screen is showing!, hope you can sort this.

Thanks

Mark

Running WinXP Home Ed.
mark thompson
Junior

Re: F2 Issue

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:07 am

Hi Mark,

What are you meaning with F2 mode? The F2 functionality is a feature designed for people using single monitor. By default - ZW will open with the presentation screen (black initially) in the background and the ZW application window on top of this. Pressing F2 will toggle between these - from presentation window on top... to presentation window behind. There isn't an 'F2 mode' to speak of.
Alt-Tab still appears to work for me when either window is on top. Are you able to provide additional information regarding this.

Regards.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby mark thompson » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:41 am

Morning Chris,

Yes sorry for the lack of explanation relating to "F2 mode", as default on single monitor it opens as described, which you could come in and out of by pressing F2 and use that functionality to test services, which worked fine until upgrading to 2.6.42

Now what happens is when you press F2 to exit the single monitor mode all it does is flip between a black screen with the windows task bar showing and the presentation interface when you press F2. Before when pressing F2 to exit the single monitor mode, you were prompted, did you want to exit that function or use the function accordingly, that has disappeared.

Now when wanting to go between applications with ALT+TAB, this is only possible when the black screen is showing and not when the presentation interface is showing.

I've noticed this morning that if F2 isn't pressed to exit single monitor mode then ALT+TAB works to switch between applications. Thats with me automatically pressing F2 when Zionworx opens. So at present its workable as long i rememeber not to press F2 upon opening.

Re-reading your reply it looks as if it is working OK, with respect to the presentation screen behind, is this a new feature from the previous version?

The ALT+TAB part only works when the presentation screen is behind once F2 has initially been pressed to toggle between on top and behind, before that it works ok.

I've linked to some screen shots to show, hopefully,

Initial opening of Zionworx ->Image
Black screen if pressed F2 ->Image

Hope this helps

Mark
mark thompson
Junior

Postby kjacobs » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Are you pressing F12 after Zionworx opens? ZW opens with the presentation screen blacked out. Hitting F12 brings up the text and background. Then F2 toggles between ZW and the presentation screen.

The ALT+TAB between apps does appear to be an issue in single screen mode. I found this to be true with the ZW help file, as well.

When you open ZW, you can use ALT+TAB to switch between apps, this works fine. Once you hit F2 to switch to the presentation screen and then F2 again to switch back to the ZW screen, you can no longer use ALT+TAB to switch apps. The app is still there, but you must minimize ZW to get to it. I found this when trying to use the ZW Help.....Help opens fine before using F2. Once F2 was used, the help opens up but is "hiding" behind ZW and the only way to get to it is by minimizing ZW.

The new F2 feature is nice for single screen testing, but does affect certain functions. I do not think it would be an issue in dual screen mode.
Peak Worship Ministries
Hood River, OR USA
kjacobs
Junior

Postby mark thompson » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:10 am

Not pressing F12, as thats not applicable to this fault, as the normal F10, 11, 12 features work fine, just the F2 issue, that you describe.
mark thompson
Junior

Postby kjacobs » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Sorry, I only mentioned F12 because of the black screen. The newest release of ZW automatically starts up with both ZW and the presentation (with ZW on top) in single screen mode. The F2 used to toggle the presentation on and off. Now it simply switches back and forth between ZW and presentation, which seems easier for a single screen mode. However, it definitely affects how the ALT+TAB functions for switching between apps and even for some screens in ZW. I have even had the Save As.... screen when closing be "hidden" behind ZW and had to go "find" it.
Peak Worship Ministries
Hood River, OR USA
kjacobs
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks for the additional information. We removed the F2 message because it had become irrelevant as the switching screens actually becomes quite useful on a single monitor.

We have investigated this issue and have a solution that we will deploy in the next intermediate release.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby mark thompson » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:29 pm

thanks

mark
mark thompson
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support