Possible bug????

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Possible bug????

Postby kjacobs » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi All,

I love the new features in the latest version of Zionworx.

I have only noticed one thing that seemed strange. When the program asks to save the playlist before closing....if you click YES to save, then click CANCEL the program closes without saving. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the program go back to the main screen if you hit CANCEL and only close if you click NO?

I call it the "Oops Factor"....you go to close and save the playlist, then say "Oops, I was going to change something...." You then click CANCEL to return to the program and make the change. However, right now the program instead closes and does not save anything.

I wouldn't call it a bug, but that is how most programs that I have worked with function. Anyway, keep up the good work, guys.
Peak Worship Ministries
Hood River, OR USA
kjacobs
Junior

Re: Possible bug????

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 pm

This is puzzling because we did implement the way you have described (cancelling returning to ZionWorx) and I have tried it on my computer and it does still work that way.

Are you able to try again - making sure you press the cancel button. If it does still happen for you can you provide some extra details around the steps you took to create the issue.. It could be an particular combination of steps we have missed.

Thanks
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby kjacobs » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Hello again,

I have tried this on 2 different computers and both do the same thing. Here are the steps....

1) With playlist created (and unsaved), click the upper right X to close the program.
2) Zionworx asks to save the playlist
3) Click YES (clicking NO closes without a save, clicking CANCEL returns to program just as it should)
4) On the next screen, you are asked for a filename. Click CANCEL.

On my 2 machines Zionworx closes without saving, but it should return to the program if you click CANCEL. I've tried this with numerous other programs and they all return to program whenever you click CANCEL.

In a perfect world we should all save our playlist before trying to close, but the extra safety measure is nice to have. I'm sure this is probably a simple fix. Anyway, I hope that better describes the steps.

Ken
Peak Worship Ministries
Peak Worship Ministries
Hood River, OR USA
kjacobs
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks for the extra details. We did miss the situation you describe. Will look into it and see whether we can resolve this.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby ChrisClark » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:19 pm

We have been able to tidy up this exit prompt and will now work as desired. This fix will be in the next intermediate release
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby kjacobs » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:46 am

Thanks so much for all the effort. Keep up the great work.
Peak Worship Ministries
Hood River, OR USA
kjacobs
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support