Upgrade 2.5 to 2.6 Windowns Vista

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Upgrade 2.5 to 2.6 Windowns Vista

Postby annette1971 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:37 am

Hello there!
We have been using version 2.5 and when I saw that in verson 2.6 i can include a bible, I wanted to upgrade to version 2.6.

I read through the section where it is explained how to move the songs and all that but I cannot seem to find them on vista. Could it be that in windows vista the folders are hidden somewhere else? We have just over 100 songs on the pc and I really want to upgrade so that we can disply bible verses also but I am scared that once I wupgrade, my songs will all disappear.

Can you help? Maybe explain everything again (as if talking to a 5 year old ;-) )? Or post a link to wherever I find the help? Maybe I simply missed it the first time.

Thanks a lot!
Greeting from Germany!
Annette
annette1971
Junior

Re: Upgrade 2.5 to 2.6 Windowns Vista

Postby Jonathan Hills » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Have you read this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=661
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby annette1971 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:28 am

Hello Jonathan,

thanks for the link. I did read it but the issue is that I cannot at all find the songs. Or should I say that I am looking for something like "nameofsong.xxx" and I cannot find it. Now I am scared that if I do the upgrade, all my songs will be deleted. As I have 100+ songs in the database, I wouldn't want to take that risk. If however I can do the upgrade and the dongs will not be deleted, then I would dare to take the risk. But the question still remains, where on earth are the songs hiding and what exactly do I have to look for.

I hope you do understand what I mean.

Have a blessed day!
Annette
annette1971
Junior

Postby brainier » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard. The Run dialog appears.

Type c:\program files\zionworx\data and press enter. Copy all the files in this folder to another location.

If the Compatibility Files button exists on the toolbar of the above window, click it and copy the files in that location too. Copy these to anohter location.

Upgrade software. Follow instructions in readme included with software.

If it does not work, copy the contents of the above folders (one at a time, running Zionworx's between attempts) into c:\programdata\zionworx\2.6\data replacing all files in this location with your backups.

[This was written from memory, so might be slightly incorrect]
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support