PowerPoint 2007 won't play.

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

PowerPoint 2007 won't play.

Postby RichardEmery » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:35 pm

I cannot open PowerPoint 2007 presentations in Zionworx 2.6. What am I doing wrong? I am successfully running PPT 2003 and Z 2.5 on another system so I think I have "ticked the right boxes" but I must have missed something! I can load PPT 2007 presentations into the playlist but when try to play them PowerPoint falls over.
I am running on a Dell Vostro laptop, Windows XP home and Office 2007 home and student.
Any help will be much appreciated.
RichardEmery
Junior

Re: PowerPoint 2007 won't play.

Postby webmaster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:32 am

Not an issue I have seen before.

I am using ppt 2007 files all the time now and never had it fall over.

however I am using a Dell Latitude D820 with Vista Business and the full office package.

It may be worth sending me one of the files incase it is that. webmaster@zionworx.org.uk and I'll have a look.

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby jmcgwen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:38 am

We've experienced the same problem the first few weeks we used 2.6. We can load the pp presentations but when we play one, it will crash zionworx. What we tried was to put the pp presentation on the playlist and play it there which seems to work fine. Is this the way you're supposed to play pp presentations in 2.6?

Thanks
John
jmcgwen
Junior

Postby RichardEmery » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks for the helpful comments. I was putting the PPT presentation into the playlist but it crashed PowerPoint when we clicked onto it from the previous item in the playlist and then Zionworx said that it couldn't proceed because PowerPoint wasn't running. We have reverted back to PowerPoint 2003 for the moment and that is working really well.
In His service
Richard
RichardEmery
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support