Bible Gateway Connection problems

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Bible Gateway Connection problems

Postby George Boyer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:59 pm

When I first start a service list in ver 2.6 I can connect to the Bible Gateway fine but once the file has been saved, closed and then reopened I can no longer access the Gateway to add further Bible verses. I keep getting the error message "Error retrieving version details from online bible. Check internet connection and try again." I tried closing and opening the programme several times but the same thing happens - once the service list is saved and closed I can no longer access the Gateway.

I know from reading elsewhere on the forum that there is an initial bug on first opening the Bible Gateway, which should correct itself once the programme is closed and reopened, but my issue appears to be a different problem associated with saving the service list file.

I have Zionworx on two computers and the same thing happens on both, one has XP the other XP Professional.

Has anyone else come across this? If so have you found a work around? Or is it a case of ensuring all Bible passages are inserted before saving the file?
George Boyer
Junior

Re: Bible Gateway Connection problems

Postby brainier » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:11 am

If you click New for a new service list without closing and restarting ZW does the Bible Gateway become available again?

And if you start ZW and connect successfully to Bible Gateway, then load up the service list does the connection stop again?

And is it always with the same service list, or can you create new lists and see the same problem?

I cannot reproduce your problem, but I am using Vista and a test build of upcoming maintenance release of Zionworx (maybe it's been fixed in that version).
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby George Boyer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Brainer
Thanks for getting back to me. In answer to your questions:
1. If I click a new service list after having a saved list open there's still no connection
2. If I connect first to the gateway and then open the saved service list the connect stops
3. It happens with ever service list I save.

I've just noticed that as soon as I've saved a service list the connection goes, I don't even have to exit the programme. My feeling is that when it's saving the file it's some how corrupting the path within the software for bible gateway.

George
George Boyer
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Same error message here with XP.
I found that if I connect to Biblegateway then open the service list, I don't get the message.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby ChrisClark » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks for the detailed investigation and explanation. We will try and see if we can identify and fix what is causing this.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby George Boyer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Many thanks Chris, I appreciate bugs like this can be a pain to solve. Overall we are really pleased with the programme it's so quick and easy to use. So thanks for all the hard work.
George
George Boyer
Junior

Postby brainier » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:29 pm

I have tried this on XP and had the problem as described. Did not get it on Vista.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby ChrisClark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 pm

We've identified what was causing this issue and it will be resolved in the next intermediate build. Keep an eye out for it in the next couple of weeks.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby George Boyer » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:01 am

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.
George
George Boyer
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support