Deleting Song Titles

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Deleting Song Titles

Postby rhmspjm » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm

I am trying to delete a song title from the list, but unable to do so because the song is not found in the database. I am also unable to edit the song title on the list, therefore the song cannot be added. Any ideas?
Robert
rhmspjm
Junior

Re: Deleting Song Titles

Postby brainier » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:43 pm

Both the title and alternative title come into play when deleting songs. Try and find the song by its other title and delete the entry after selecting the other title for it.

As for editing, I guess from the question that this is the same one you are trying to delete. If you cannot delete via the above, what exactly is the error you are getting?
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby rhmspjm » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:47 pm

The song does not have an alternative title. When I try to delete the title, I get the error message "Title "Holy holy etc SF182 could not be found" I give it the "OK" and get another message "Unable to delete record in D/Base"
I have tried to edit the song title, to actually add it to the D/Base, but it sends back the same message as above.

If I cannot delete the song title, then I am unable to put that particular song in the D/Base without giving it a different number, which I don't particularly want to do. For information the song is Holy, holy, holy is the Lord from Songs of Fellowship (182). Ta.
rhmspjm
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:50 pm

There's some discussion and a solution here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=690
Whether you go down that route depends on how comfortable you are with databases. Or you could find someone who is used to using them.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Wayne » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi,

I am getting exactly the same issue. Song title is The Lord's My Shepherd.
I can add it to the song list but then when I select it I get an error mesage "Title The Lord's My Shepherd could not be found" when I select OK I then get a further error message of "List Index Out of Bounds (0)"

If try to Edit the song I get the same first error mesage but hitting OK then presents me with the Add Song window.

I am running on Windows XP and Version 2.6 (Build 2.6.01)

Thanks in advance
Wayne
Junior

Postby brainier » Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 am

Wayne, I think your database index is corrupt. Delete all the .ind files in the database folder and then start Zionworx and rebuild the index (one of the menu's - cannot remember which one now)
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Wayne » Thu May 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks - i have just updated to Build Version 2.6.42 and this seems to have solved the problem without having to do as you suggested. Thanks anyway
Wayne
Junior

Postby rjcrocker_uk » Sat May 31, 2008 7:48 pm

I have had the same problem. It started with one song which caused the error, then more and more.
I tried deleting the .ind files, which didn't help because ZionWorx then told me the indexes were corrupt and it couldn't build them. I restored the .ind files (always take a copy before messing about like this!) and opened the database with TurboDB. I ran an analysis on MainTable (from the TurboDB menu select Table | Maintain) which showed errors (no surprise) but I was then was able to rebuild the indexes. This has cured the problem.
Robert
rjcrocker_uk
Junior

Postby Wayne » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Glad you managed to fix the problem. Where can I get hold of that database tool you used?
Wayne
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support