Problem minimising ZionWorx 2.6

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Problem minimising ZionWorx 2.6

Postby Gordon Harper » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:36 pm

I have ZionWorx 2.6 on a Dell Laptop with Vista Home Premium. Something seems to have gone askew as when I start ZionWorx it hides the taskbar and start button even though these are set to be on top of open windows. If I use the minimise control and click the program's icon on the taskbar, the program window opens again with the taskbar visible. However when I do this the program will not display either on the preview screen or on the extended screen/ projector. If I use alt+tab or the switch-windows control button the program continues to work normally when maximised again. I thought I had corrupted the program when importing songs and I uninstalled and re-installed it but it made no difference. I also restored Windows to 12 hours earlier but this also made no difference. I never noticed this happening before and I wonder has anyone else found the same on their system.
Gordon Harper
Junior

Re: Problem minimising ZionWorx 2.6

Postby brainier » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:33 pm

Im guessing that you only have the laptop display in use and not a second monitor?

Their is a problem in minimising Zionworx, as restoring/maximising the program does not maximise the display screen, and so the display screen remains minimised. The answer is not to minimise Zionworx!

As for Start button/task bar disappearing, they are being hidden by the display screen. If you have two monitors in use this does not happen (the minimise issue does, but not the rest of the described issues). Maybe an addition to the next maintenance release is the removal of the minimise icon from the application - I know this is easy to do in .NET code (but this application is Delphi - so not sure if you can).

If you do minimise the management screen by mistake use CTRL+F9 twice to restore the display screen. CTRL+F9 hides/restores the display screen. So this keystroke can be used to bring it back again.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Gordon Harper » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Thanks again Brian. Will write up instructions for those who will be using the programme to project our church songs so that they''ll be confident of a way to recover should projecting inadvertently stop working in the middle of a service.
Gordon Harper
Junior

Postby jmcgwen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 am

We too are experiencing the same issue. We do use extended display and when we minimise zionworx and come back to it, the extended display doesn't go back, would CTRL- F9 solve this as well? or we should just stop minimising zionworx at all?
jmcgwen
Junior

Postby brainier » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:47 am

Do not minimise Zionworx's. The projection screen does not restore when the management screen is restored. CTRL + F9 twice will bring it back if you do.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support