Powerpoint text difficult to see in slide thumbnails

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint text difficult to see in slide thumbnails

Postby deryck.williams » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:50 am

When viewing PowerPoint slides from the using the thumbnails viewer in Zionworx we are seeing the text as small and black no matter what the actual text in PowerPoint is. This makes it almost impossible to tell what the next slide is.

I am using Zionworx 2.6, Windows Vista Ultimate (64bit), PowerPoint 2007 SP 1. I have all the latest updates from Microsoft.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.
deryck.williams
Junior

Re: Powerpoint text difficult to see in slide thumbnails

Postby Jonathan Hills » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Just tried this at church with xp media centre and it was fine. So maybe vista related? Our resident IT guru tells me 'there's loads of problems with vista'.
What happens when you resize the section that powerpoint resides in?
Out of curiosity, why do you need to see the next thumbnail slide?
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi Deryck,

In addition to what Jonathan asks above, please can you tell us what screen resolution you're running on the operator screen?

Thanks,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby deryck.williams » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 am

When resizing the section with PowerPoint slides, the slides get bigger, but the resolution of the thumbnails does not changes it just gets chunkier.

The reason I need to see the next slide is because the preacher will give me a PowerPoint presentation to display during the sermon, but I have to try and work out which slide to show based on what he is saying the slides say.

Laptop display is 1440x900 (ie wide-screen) 32 bit colour, the projector display is 1024x768 32 bit colour. If I run with just the single display (ie for testing purposes) the problem still persists. I changed the laptop resolution to 1024x768, no change, text is still unreadable.

The PowerPoint slides are in 4:3 aspect ratio, I tested changing them to wide-screen, this did not help.
deryck.williams
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Regardless of the resolution of the problem, I'd recommend that you get a remote control that the preacher can use to advance the slide to the where they need it. It removes guesswork, makes things run smoother and ensures the preacher's ownership of the presentation.
Something like this:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Kensington_Techno ... a__6591428
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support