Recognising the ZionWorx 2.6 Database

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Recognising the ZionWorx 2.6 Database

Postby Gordon Harper » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:29 pm

I have a registered version of ZionWorx 2.6 on my laptop working under Windows Vista Home Premium . The Programme itself is great but I have spent hours trying to get the programme to recognise its own database in c:\ProgramData\ZionWorx\2.6 as a 2.6 database. I have manually added over 100 songs from text files but when I use the Import command it says the database is not 2.6 but I discovered that when I copied and pasted the folder onto a flash drive then it reconised it there. I would love some guidance on this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Gordon Harper
Junior

Re: Recognising the ZionWorx 2.6 Database

Postby brainier » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:45 pm

What was inside the folder you mention? I ask because the usual location for the database is in the data subdirectory of the above folder.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Gordon Harper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I have stored the data in c:\ProgramData\ZionWorx\2.6\Data but when I click on IMPORT on the Database tab I get an error message saying this is not a folder containing a ZionWorx 2.6 database and won't open it even though it lists all the songs when I use the programme and accepts new ones when I add them from text files. After hours of looking at different possible reasons I discovered that when I copied the database folder onto a flash drive for backup the IMPORT command recogised it there. I tried cutting the original folder and copying the one it recognised in instead and did that successfully but ZionWorx still would not recognise it. I can work on with things as they are as all the songs I've added are projecting but I am curious to know what might be the cause of the programme not recognising its own database. I hope this answers your query back to me. Thanks again. Gordon.
Gordon Harper
Junior

Postby brainier » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:51 pm

I see what you are doing.

The Import option is used to import an entire ZW database into your current ZW database. You have pointed the import program at its own database and so it thorws the error you see (I just repeated this step on my PC). When you copied the database to a new location Import let you open it as you now have two databases - your current database and the one you are importing from. But as the databases were the same there would be nothing to import anyway.

If you have text files the only way to import them is one by one. Unless they are generated using the Songs of Fellowship macro on the downloads part of the site, then you can merge the individual text files into a single text file (using Python programming) and from that to an Access database and from that to a DBASE database and from that into a new ZW 2.6 database which you can then use the import menu item in the program!
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby Gordon Harper » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Thanks Brian for your help.
Gordon Harper
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support