Adding songs to database

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Adding songs to database

Postby ray goodwin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi All
I have just installed the new version of 'Zion Works' after a major disk crash again and have registered it but when I try to add songs to the database I can't cut and paste any text.
After copying the text of a song I can't right click and paste the text into 'Zion Works' it use to work ok with the old version is there a fault with this function please?
I am using XP Home on the computer.
Looking forward to your replies

Cheers

Ray
ray goodwin
Junior

Re: Adding songs to database

Postby davepartridge » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:00 pm

It doesn't work in ZionWorx 2.6 for me either. However, there's a simple way round it by using the keyboard shortcuts. Pressing Control and C will copy text, and Control and V will paste the text. This does effectively the same thing as clicking with the mouse.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby ray goodwin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi Dave
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried what you said, yes that works but it would be a lot easier if the old way of cut and paste worked, it was for quicker, and I have 3,500 songs to add I don't have a database of the text.
Can you or someone else please tell me how can I select Italic text for the chorus text of songs please.
Thanks again for any answers.

Cheers

Ray
ray goodwin
Junior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:55 pm

You can't have a different font or anything for the chorus.
Whatever style you choose is applied to the whole song.
I set up songs so that if it is verse chorus verse bridge chorus chorus (say) then there will a pane for each of those so it doesn't matter which is the chorus. That way all you have to do is press space to go through the song.

Personally, I find keyboard strokes quicker that the mouse. The main keys are on the left, and the mouse is on the right. So F5, alt+tab, highlight text, ctrl+c, alt+tab, ctrl+v. The focus in the second app is already in the correct place.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support