New install at v2.6 - problems importing songs!

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

New install at v2.6 - problems importing songs!

Postby stevem » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Zionworx, but firstly may I say God bless you all for the good work you are doing here! Zionworx is a fantastic resource and a real blessing!

I've installed version 2.6 a couple of weeks ago and so far I have just typed in each song as I needed it. However, I have now been given a CD by our music group with several thousand songs in three Rich Text files (Songs of Fellowship), but I can't work out how to upload them!

I've tried everything I can think of, including searching the forum, using the SoF convertor macro (it doesn't seem to work on v2.6) and even manually converting the file to text, then Access, then dBase III and converting from v2.5 to v2.6 - Nothing works!

Please can someone help me! I really can't face the thought of manually copying each one of 2,198 songs one at a time using the "Add song" box!

Many thanks in advance,

Steve.
Melton Baptist Church, Leics, UK.
stevem
Junior

Re: New install at v2.6 - problems importing songs!

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:19 am

Do you actually need all those songs? Do the music group know them all?
Why not just add the ones you need? Presumably you have a record of all the songs used for your annual licence return, start with those and add the likely ones.
Even if you could add them all en masse, you would still need to proofread them and edit them.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Re: New install at v2.6 - problems importing songs!

Postby ChrisClark » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:15 pm

The SoF macro only converts to a 2.0 database, though I have never used it myself. You can then use the database conversion utility located at http://www.zionworx.org.uk/download.htm#3 to upgrade this 2.0 database through to a 2.5/2.6 database and then import.

That said, I would take Jonathon's comment seriously and consider whether you want all the songs in the ZionWorx database. As stated there would still be manual work involved in checking them.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support