Using a YouTube video

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Using a YouTube video

Postby York Pilson » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:20 pm

My song leader wanted to include "I am a Friend of God" in the service Sunday. I usually just post the lyrics in the song list, but found a video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veT1G-_a ... re=related) and it got me to thinking that it would be nice to be able to run the video instead of just having the words static on the screen. Has anyone tried to do this with Zionworx?

God bless you all in this new year,
York Pilson
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Re: Using a YouTube video

Postby Paul_rachel_ryan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:08 pm

The only way I've been able to run videos in the past is to embed full screen in a Powerpoint presentation, set to auto-run. When the presentation is started, the video should appear full screen and start automatically.

As to getting the YouTube video to a format Powerpoint will recognise, this bit I've not done, only used videos (avis and mpgs) created from my own camcorder.

Paul
Paul_rachel_ryan
Junior

Postby York Pilson » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Ithought about that approach. It sounds like a good project for the next week. I will contact the author and then will find out what format he has for the video. After all this planning, last night at practice, it was announced we weren't going to do "Friend of God" this Sunday. Ah, the life of the computer geek!
York Pilson
Ascension Lutheran Church
Danville, Virginia
http://www.chrismon.org
York Pilson
Intermediate

Postby davepartridge » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:04 am

A possible option could be to use a website like ZamZar - http://www.zamzar.com/

While not great quality, it allows you to input a YouTube URL and it then converts it to a format of your choice. Once it's done that it sends you an e-mail with a link to download it. You could then input it into PowerPoint, as above.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby vetto » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 am

once you have the video file, use VLC to display it on the second monitor (the projector). Search this forum for the VLC settings for this. It works great! ...and you don't have to embed the file, you can play it separate from the service presentation stuff.
-- worship is an active, deliberate, and rewarding act of love...just being there is not enough
vetto
Senior

Postby davepartridge » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 am

Any chance anyone can point me to that post with the settings? I've searched for it but can't see it. I've fiddled with VLC but never managed to get it to do what I want it to.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby vetto » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:03 pm

This thing will play virtually ANYTHING. DVD, VCD, and any other media format almost.

The best part is that when Zionworx is up and has control over the second monitor displaying lyrics/background/black VLC will play the video over the top of it. You dont have to do anything to Zionworx to get the DVD up on the wall. Close VLC and BAM...you are back in the lyrics or whatever.

Below is the config for VLC that will set this up:

1. Firstly update VLC to version 0.85 as it has fixed a number of the bugs in v0.84
2. Edit the shortcut to VLC so that there are no options after vlc.exe
3. Reset VLC's preferences (Then restart VLC)
4. "Settings - Preferences" ... tick "Advanced Options"
4.a. Under Video/Output Modules set "Video output Module" to DirectX.
5. Set display device in "Preferences/Video/Output Modules/DirectX". You will have to press "Refresh List" then select "\.\\DISPLAY2"
6. Set "Full Screen" in "Preferences/Video"
7. Unitck "Embed video in Interface" under "Interface/Main Interfaces/wxWidgets"
8. Click "Save"
9. Restart VLC

Good Luck!

The thread is in the 2.5 support board http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum_3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=571&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Last edited by vetto on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- worship is an active, deliberate, and rewarding act of love...just being there is not enough
vetto
Senior

Postby davepartridge » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Cheers. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. I shall try this out in the next few days at Church.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:17 pm

I could never get this to work, so I just ended up dragging it over to the projector screen. It was ok if you set it up in advance, as you can run it from the playlist. I guess it must be a limitation of the video card I am using.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby vetto » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:34 pm

When you "Set display device in "Preferences/Video/Output Modules/DirectX" do you see "\.\\DISPLAY2" ? that is the first important step...if that does not show up then the rest is moot.
vetto
Senior

Postby Jonathan Hills » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Couldn't get it to work at home on a laptop, the video would start on the second display but would immediately freeze.
Tried at church tonight on different hardware, and it worked fine! Possibly due to step 7 which I wasn't aware of previously. Thanks vetto.
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby vetto » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:26 pm

brainier, talk about pushing it!
I updates the instructions above to reflect that option...as you found out, default output module will not work. :)
vetto
Senior

Postby brainier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Finding out how to get it working at 10:28 for a 10:30 service was a breeze really - we had a visiting preacher who was African, and at 10:31 he had not yet arrived. So church was running on African time today!
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby vetto » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:03 pm

LOL...been there. I love when you have to move on-the-fly like that. And when it all goes well, it is such a great feeling.
vetto
Senior

Postby brainier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:07 pm

It didn't in the end work that well. See viewtopic.php?f=21&t=716 for the problem we did have during the service.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Next

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support