Projecting Power Point

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Projecting Power Point

Postby ofmagdalene » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 am

ZionWorx is quickly becoming my favorite worship display program after trying so many other demos. However, I have one problem that I can't seem to fix. Even under 2.5, which I used a couple times before 2.6 was released, PPT would not project on to our secondary screen like all the songs did. I can see the slides available while in ZionWorx, but the slides do not advance in the window they need to advance in. They actually show up on the primary screen and run behind ZW. If I minimize ZW and maximize PPT, I can project my presentations through PPT, but I think that somewhat defeats the purpose of having PPT capability within ZW. Is there a fix to this or is this just the way it is supposed to work?

This is my current setup:

2 monitors (one is the extension of the other)
whatever is projected on to the secondary monitor shows up on the projector

Thanks for a great program and for your help!
ofmagdalene
Junior

Re: Projecting Power Point

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:05 am

You don't say which OS you are using nor which version of powerpoint.
Your problem seems peculiar to you.
All I can suggest at the moment is:
1 Do a windows update
2 Apply all service packs and updates to powerpoint
3 Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=104
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Please forgive me if this is too obvious, but are you setting the PowerPoint presentation settings to make it show on the secondary monitor output?

Cheers,
Christian
Christian
Site Admin

Postby ofmagdalene » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Christian, no question is too obvious when it comes to technical issues. Thanks for your help!

Due to recent problems with our computer, I have done as many updates as possible. I will check again, but I do not believe that there are any other updates for the computer at this time.

We run XP with 2003 MS PowerPoint.

I have used the toggle key when opening up ZW, which is noticeable immediately: the secondary screen is black. When I click on songs in the Play List, they display on the secondary monitor without any problem. However, when I add a PPT presentation, the slides show up behind ZionWorx on the primary screen. I've tried toggling again with the PPT presentation loaded, but this has not worked. All I see are the slides projected on to the primary screen on the first hit of the toggle key (with ZW on the secondary screen), and then stuffed behind ZW (on the primary screen) again on the second hit of the toggle. The effect is the same whether I add the PPT presentation to my play list or not.

I checked my settings in ZW and the box is checked to support PPT.

Now if I have a PPT presentation loaded in ZW and minimize ZW, the presentation is already open in PPT. I can and have run the sermon slides and announcement slides by minmizing ZW and using using PPT, hitting F5/View Show. The slides show up on the secondary screen without any problem.

Perhaps my problem is singular. I still like ZW and will continue to use it despite having to minimize it to access PPT. Jonathan, I will check out that info on multi-monitor use and let you know if I find a solution to my problem. If anyone thinks of something else, please let me know!

Thanks for your time! :D
ofmagdalene
Junior

Postby davepartridge » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:17 am

It's highly likely to relate to multiple monitor use. If you open PowerPoint, go to Slide Show, Set Up Show. On the right-hand side, under the title 'Multiple Monitors', change it to 'Display slide show on' the secondary monitor. The primary monitor will be your laptop or computer screen, whereas the secondary will be your projector.

At the moment PowerPoint is just showing the same thing on both screens, but because ZionWorx takes primary control it shows on top of PowerPoint on the second screen, thereby hiding it from view.

That should solve your problem, in theory.
davepartridge
Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support