Keyword search fault

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Keyword search fault

Postby GatewayVP » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:21 pm

I have just upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6 and imported the song database. One of our operators likes to select songs using the SoF numbers so I have begun to add numbers in the following format:

'All Hail King Jesus - SoF7'

with the intention that he can then use the Keyword search field to locate a song.

Whenever I try to use the keyword search, as soon as I enter a character in the field a dialogue is displayed with the following message:

Setting word filter: unknown error. Index "<full-text index>" not found.

If then I click on the Search field to proceed with a song title search, the database disappears. The only way to retrieve it again is to close and reopen Zionworks.

Is there a problem with the way I am changing the titles to include the song number? Or is this a general problem?

Thanks
GatewayVP
Junior

Re: Keyword search fault

Postby Joff » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 am

What operating system are you using?
Joff
Junior

Postby davepartridge » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:26 pm

A different approach could be to set the alternative title as SoF7 All Hail King Jesus. This way you could then search within the title field, rather than the keyword field.
davepartridge
Senior

Postby GatewayVP » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:01 pm

OpSys = WinXP SP2

Adding an alternative Title using SoF7 at the front of the song title is a valid option. However, this does mean almost doubling the size of the search list. Also, where a song has an alternative title anyway (for instance, where a song is better known for it's chorus than by it's first line) one would then have to make a choice between alternative alternatives! This, itself, could be overcome by adding the whole song a second time. This doesn't address the problem though, which is that there seems to be a fault with the Keyword Search mechanism.
GatewayVP
Junior

Postby brainier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Where is your database located? It might be an issue if located in the root folder - another post in this forum has the same issue and moved the database to a subdirectory and it worked.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby GatewayVP » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:28 pm

The database was in a subdirectory of Docs & Settings \ All Users. I have tried it in a subdirectory of Zionworx, too.

I have removed the database and started a new one in case there is corruption within. Just two songs and the symptons are the same
GatewayVP
Junior

Postby brainier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Look in the location where the database is located and then start Zionworx. Does the number of files change?

I have the following files before I start the program: FTIndexTable.dat FTIndexTable.id FTIndexTable.inr Keywords.in1 Keywords.in2 Keywords.rel MainTable.blb MainTable.dat MainTable.id MainTable.inr Title1.ind Title2.ind

Then after starting the program I have: Data.tdbd FTIndexTable.dat
FTIndexTable.id FTIndexTable.inr FTIndexTable.mov FTIndexTable.net
Keywords.in1 Keywords.in2 Keywords.rel Keywords.rmv
Keywords.rnt MainTable.blb MainTable.dat MainTable.id
MainTable.inr MainTable.mov MainTable.net Title1.ind
Title2.ind

If these files are not created check permissions and disk space as possible reasons for the lack of the index.
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby brainier » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:26 pm

And (having just tested this) I noticed that Keyword Search only searches lyric's and not titles, authors or other fields. So you cannot use the keyword search feature to enter SoF7 to find the song even if your search was working.
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby GatewayVP » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:09 pm

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled 2.6 from scratch.

I have to confess I cannot remember for sure which option I used to install first time round, but as I have several laptops to upgrade I thought I’d try both ways, those being. . .

1) using the Upgrade for 2.5
2) simply installing 2.6 full version over the top of 2.5.

I think what I did was 2, and it may well be that that is what caused the problems because of the modified folder/directory structure in 2.6. In any case, having started from scratch all is now fine. I didn’t need to do anything in Registry between un & in-stall so the licence details transferred OK.

Thanks for that last post, [brainer] – bit of a key point that!
GatewayVP
Junior

Postby ChrisClark » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:58 pm

We are unable to reproduce the initial error. It may caused by folder permissions perhaps.

With respect to the issue with keyword searching only looking at the lyrics we have made a modification to also apply the keyword search to the title and alternative titles. So your method of appending the SOF number to the title will work with the next release.

We intend to release the next update in a couple of weeks which includes this and a few other bug fixes.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Postby brainier » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Can we have the author/co[yright fields included in the search too please. Not a huge amount of need for them I guess, but if someone does enter on of these values it should work as it is data in the database.
Brian Reid
brainier
Expert User

Postby ChrisClark » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 pm

We did consider this but feel that it would potentially create more hassle than help - eg a song by Amy Grant being picked up if someone was searching for "grant". In a next version we will be adding more search options including author.
ChrisClark
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support