Database from 2.5 to 2.6 under Vista

V2.6 Help, If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Database from 2.5 to 2.6 under Vista

Postby Mike Broad » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi There,

We have been running ZW for a number of years and have built up a large database including songs written by members of our Fellowship, the database is v2.5 running under XP.
We have now a new computer running Vista and wanted to use v2.6 but after carefully following all the instructions cannot migrate the database, all that shows is the Public Domain songs.
I wonder which are the database files I should use on the v2.5 machine to migrate to v2.6?
I have tried SONGS.DBF and SONGS.DBT but it says these are not Zionworx v2.6 Files.

Help!!!

Mike B
Mike Broad
Junior

Re: Database from 2.5 to 2.6 under Vista

Postby Jonathan Hills » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:44 pm

I don't use vista, by all the answers seem to be in this thread including a script for moving the database:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=661&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p2901
Jonathan Hills
Most Senior

Postby peter60 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:43 am

Mike, the database files for v2.5 are no longer dbf, are you sure you're not using v2.0?

The database files in 2.5 are stored (by default) in C:\Program Files\Zionworx. Locate the Data subdirectory here and copy the whole folder onto a flash memory stick or cd.

Open Zionworx 2.6 and from the menu click on Database Import and locate your v2.5 Data backup. Import all songs from your memory stick. It takes seconds and works really well.

Hope this helps
peter60
Junior

Postby Mike Broad » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your help, I was trying to import an old copy of the database. Having followed your instructions all is working well except the Search by Keywords.
I installed Zionworx to the root directory and have carried out an update of the full text from the database menu.
When trying a search by keywords I get the following error message - Setting Word Filter: Unknown error Index "<full text index>" not found.
Has my locating the program at C:\Zionworx caused this or is it soemtning else.

Thanks again

Mike B
Mike Broad
Junior

Postby Joff » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 pm

All I done was copy the old folder 'Data' from ZW 2.5 (which contains the 2.5 database) and paste it direct into c:\ProgramData\ZionWorx\2.6\ overwriting the folder contained in there already. This works fine. The database is located by default in the above directory path. Hope this helps. (Be aware that the 'ProgramData' folder is often a hidden file, so you may have to unhide folders before being able to paste into it)
Joff
Junior

Postby peter60 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 am

Mike Broad wrote:Hi Peter,
Thanks for your help, I was trying to import an old copy of the database. Having followed your instructions all is working well except the Search by Keywords.
I installed Zionworx to the root directory and have carried out an update of the full text from the database menu.
When trying a search by keywords I get the following error message - Setting Word Filter: Unknown error Index "<full text index>" not found.
Has my locating the program at C:\Zionworx caused this or is it soemtning else.

Thanks again

Mike B

Hmmm... I'm no expert like these boffins at Zionworx, but in my experience of Vista it's best to let applications install where they want to. The developers have tried their best (as I see it) to make v2.6 compatible with Vista - this means locating the database in a folder other than Program files and I would think certainly not in the root.

Is your database located in a folder called C:\ProgramData\ZionWorx\2.6\Data? If not, you may have problems reading and writing to it.

Frankly, I'd reinstall the whole application in the recommended folders (back up the database first!).
peter60
Junior

Postby Mike Broad » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:00 am

Hi All,
I have sorted my problem thanks to your replies. I reinstalled ZW in the default directory and took the correct database file from our V2.5.

Many thanks and blessings for this new year.

Mike Broad
Mike Broad
Junior

Postby brainier » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:36 pm

Joff wrote:(Be aware that the 'ProgramData' folder is often a hidden file, so you may have to unhide folders before being able to paste into it)

You can just enter C:\ProgramData into the Run box or Explorer address bar without first unhiding the folder.
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Postby johan_aoe » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:36 pm

HI im having the full-text index problem that is described above, but i dont find a solution that works for me here.
I have installed zionworx on a win 7 computer in the default folders, data: C:\ProgramData\ZionWorx\2.6\Data\
installed: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZionWorx

But i get the full-text error when i try to search for keywords, everything else is working.
I have also tried to install in c:\zionworx but i had the same problem.

//johan
johan_aoe
Junior

Postby brainier » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:13 pm

From the Database menu in the program, rebuild the index and see if that works
Brian Reid
Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, UK
http://wrbc.org.uk/
brainier
Expert User

Return to Zionworx V2.6 Support